Make a donation

Author Topic: rr day Halifax - results and pics.  (Read 35282 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: rr day Halifax - results and pics.
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2009, 08:06:48 pm »
if the correct data is entered it shouldnt matter about the weather etc. the correction factor should change that.

what were the other rolling roads. DD rollers as well or others?? i t could be a spurious result as jonny says, but if it has had those same figures on numerous occasions on the same dyno then, you have to believe it a bit to some degree.

@bacillus do you still have the RR printouts from before

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2009, 08:07:35 pm »
but jonny this car has made the same hp a few times on a few rollers so to me it proves the car can do it and does do it every time  :smiley: so lets just say its been done and let that be the end of it  :P

Yup, sounds good  :happy2:

shame u could not make it mate would have been good to see you there but maybe next time  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2009, 08:11:41 pm »
but jonny this car has made the same hp a few times on a few rollers so to me it proves the car can do it and does do it every time  :smiley: so lets just say its been done and let that be the end of it  :P

Yup, sounds good  :happy2:

shame u could not make it mate would have been good to see you there but maybe next time  :smiley:

Yeah would have been fun.. Still, Jan 17th Santa Pod? Could make a big meet there.. (ill pop it up in the meets section now)
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2009, 08:13:22 pm »

Can anyone tell me why some rolling-road ops use 4th gear and others use 3rd, please?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »

Can anyone tell me why some rolling-road ops use 4th gear and others use 3rd, please?

Lower gears will generally make better figures.. Dont think there is any right or wrong way to do it, but it does add another variable between days..

As with any RR result, you just need to take it with a pinch of salt..

True on road/track performance is what counts for me.. And probably the rest of people on here..  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2009, 08:27:41 pm »
^^^^
Cheers, Jonny  :drinking:

Driveability is what does it for me but I find the dyno plots useful for checking that the graphs show running as it should be. I'm not so fussed about high quantities of neddies.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »
^^ But Robin's car isn't Stage 2+ like bacillus
I know that steve  :wink: i replied to vRSy's post saying about Blades comment on Redrobins car under performing when it isnt.

and cheers for your knowledgeable answer DaveB1970, If questioned it because weve yet to see a K03 Gti  hit 300bhp on a DD rollers, and if your saying just because the temperature was cool  :confused: or does bacillus's select switch give him different settings to everyone elses Revo settings?

Just curious because surely if that was the case then bacillus should tell those with the same setup his settings secret to unlease this hidden powerrrr!!!! :smiley:

Sorry that I confused you to think that I know what I'm talking about!

At work we calculate power based on pressure altitude which is a single figure that takes into account pressure AND temperature together so we could have a really cold day but with very high pressure that would conteract that, so a cold dense day is a double win.

So sorry for making you think I've got any idea what Im talking about, theres a lot of trickery/smoke/mirrors going on within engine ECU's - and I know squat about it. My old piston engined aircraft engines were designed in the 50's and we were celebrating electronic ignition in the late 90's when I flew them last!!! So atmospherics were a big part of the daily calculations to make to make sure we'd leave the ground I've seen too many close up runway ends not to swat up on it  :scared:

My point is it can make a 10% difference between extremes of ambients

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2009, 08:31:06 pm »
its not about numbers for me its more about making sure the car is doing what it should and i like to use the rr as a tool more than anything and to have a chat and fun with fellow owners and my mates that i have made on here  :grouphug:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2009, 08:31:59 pm »
its not about numbers for me its more about making sure the car is doing what it should and i like to use the rr as a tool more than anything and to have a chat and fun with fellow owners and my mates that i have made on here  :grouphug:

Awwwww...  :tree:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2009, 08:34:22 pm »

Awwwww...  :tree:

and to u too mate  :xmaspresent:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2009, 08:38:17 pm »
There were no other really mad readings on the day, it felt like to me that all the readings a few percent higher than what could be considered expected results. Monty's made 230 as a stock car, but he may have had a slight problem with his which coinscidently gave stock results as a low reading.
Bacillus has S3 cooler, 2.75 milly, revo DSG map HPFP, stage 2+ engine map and  panel filter.
Which to my mind would not give 40 BHp over my reading no matter what settings he put in through his SPS. I personally think he is playing with octane boosters or that fuel mix that Stevie came up with. But who knows, and i actually like all the intrigue his car is causing.   :santa:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2009, 08:58:23 pm »
I thought that could have been a possibilty. Hurdy had good results with it. Could have been able to advance timing as well with it if he did, and release that little bit more horsies.

I always thought that the stock airbox couldnt cope with stage 2+ on a k03, So if if he fitted an intake and made gains of 10bhp over stock that would have been 313bhp 360Ibft+.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2009, 10:43:47 pm »

I always thought that the stock airbox couldnt cope with stage 2+ on a k03, So if if he fitted an intake and made gains of 10bhp over stock that would have been 313bhp 360Ibft+.

....The EVOMS intake has been seen to add as much as 20 bhp on K04 cars. Possibly a bit less on K03 but I don't know.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
its made over 20bhp on mine  :smiley: on the same rollers i was on last but as said mine still needs time for it to settle in as its only done 20miles with it on
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:03:48 pm by MAT ED30 »

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2009, 10:52:51 pm »
There were no other really mad readings on the day, it felt like to me that all the readings a few percent higher than what could be considered expected results. Monty's made 230 as a stock car, but he may have had a slight problem with his which coinscidently gave stock results as a low reading.
Bacillus has S3 cooler, 2.75 milly, revo DSG map HPFP, stage 2+ engine map and  panel filter.
Which to my mind would not give 40 BHp over my reading no matter what settings he put in through his SPS. I personally think he is playing with octane boosters or that fuel mix that Stevie came up with. But who knows, and i actually like all the intrigue his car is causing.   :santa:

:scared: :scared: :scared: Do you know something, that I don't know TC??? :scared: :scared: :scared: