Make a donation

Author Topic: rr day Halifax - results and pics.  (Read 35303 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: rr day Halifax - results and pics.
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:07 am »

a K03 car, maintaining power to beyond 7k rpm?

Hmmm.

K04 car i can believe!

....When it eventually gets published later next week, check out my Dyno-Dynamics plots (K03) - The max power is held up to 6.8k revs and doesn't nose-dive but just gently eases off.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Pauli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • ED30 Candy White
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 11:50:02 am »
You guys think I have boost leak? I thought around 250lbft was low. May be worth getting the forge DV my standard one may well be leaking. but wouldn't my bhp be down too with a boost leak?

MK6 3dr CW GTi with Dynaudio, 18" Monza Shadows, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Rear View Camera, Underseat Drawers. ED30 Gone But NEVER Forgotten.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 11:51:59 am »
interestin RR...cos one of the biggest differences between the K03 and K04 was the ability to maintain boost/power beyond 5.5k rpm from all info i've seen in the past 4 years. Apart from the "one" custom example that did over 300bhp I've yet to see any others until this graph from yesterday.

Look forward to how yours did on JKM's RR, but i bet it wasn't anywhere near 300bhp  :wink:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 11:58:48 am »
You guys think I have boost leak? I thought around 250lbft was low. May be worth getting the forge DV my standard one may well be leaking. but wouldn't my bhp be down too with a boost leak?

tis a curious graph tho, almost OEM style with flat torque curve. Sure its APR and not a Bluefin remap?

u run less boost at top end, so maybe the leak, if there is one, only happens when its boosting higher. which would then point to dv not holding boost just when ur remap is asking for the full monty. Maybe your Forge Spacer doesn't help matters either!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:49 pm »
they dont nose dive that much. the way people go on about this you would think the turbo just stops spinning all together. post#9 they dont seem to drop off steeply to me, its more of a level out and gradual drop http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9545.0

RR do you have a dsg map as well. Did i red somewhere that the DSG map will let you hold on to power a bit longer

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 12:03:25 pm »
Looks like it was a cracking day out guys and some spot on figures too, bet the weather certainly helped.
I need to stop reading threads like these as I just depress myself by seeing all the cars again and wish I was there..  :sad1:

Gaz - Are you S2+ now I take it? Awesome figures bud  :happy2: How does yours compare with Tom's on the road? With you      having  a noticable power advantage and Tom being S-Tronc?

Tom - Loving the Turinis  :happy2:

Matt - Nice to see the motor kicking out some healthy horses now mate  :wink:

Bacillus -  :surprised: Where do you hide the Nos bottle?

Joe - Poser!  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:08:44 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 12:08:02 pm »
There's also the upgrade to Revo2+ to consider if you change your pump.

No need to change the software but it would allow you to run stage 2 to its full potential. Thats why pumps were invented.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »

No need to change the software but it would allow you to run stage 2 to its full potential. Thats why pumps were invented.
But for £50 it's a no brainer really.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2009, 12:11:03 pm »

But stage 2+ makes the HPFP run to its full potential too i think......... 

Offline Pauli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • ED30 Candy White
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2009, 12:11:32 pm »

tis a curious graph tho, almost OEM style with flat torque curve. Sure its APR and not a Bluefin remap?

u run less boost at top end, so maybe the leak, if there is one, only happens when its boosting higher. which would then point to dv not holding boost just when ur remap is asking for the full monty. Maybe your Forge Spacer doesn't help matters either!

Let's see if father Christmas will remove the spacer and fit forge DV. APR map @ awesome, will call them Monday, there is an updated map I have been told
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:14:38 pm by Pauli »

MK6 3dr CW GTi with Dynaudio, 18" Monza Shadows, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Rear View Camera, Underseat Drawers. ED30 Gone But NEVER Forgotten.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »

But for £50 it's a no brainer really.

but not essential.  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »

they dont nose dive that much. the way people go on about this you would think the turbo just stops spinning all together. post#9 they dont seem to drop off steeply to me, its more of a level out and gradual drop http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9545.0

RR do you have a dsg map as well. Did i red somewhere that the DSG map will let you hold on to power a bit longer

....Yes I have the Revo DSG map but the production version was loaded after the dyno sessions. Pre-release Revo DSG map, early version from March, was already loaded.

I'm not greatly fussed about maintaining max power at the higher revs as I tend to have usually shifted gear soon after 5.5 revs anyway. More useful on track though to have the power stay on, but like you say, the engine doesn't just suddenly give up!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2009, 12:57:03 pm »
is bacilus def k03 then. anyone know his mods and software. dead impressed with that.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2009, 01:00:42 pm »

But stage 2+ makes the HPFP run to its full potential too i think.........  

....That's what I think too, chungster. And hence by running to its full potential along with 2+ software encouragement of other components, the whole is worked harder and the envelope of tolerance is reduced.

We each want different things from our car (as stokeballoon says).

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2009, 01:05:08 pm »

is bacilus def k03 then. anyone know his mods and software. dead impressed with that.

....Some say that The Stig regularly eats two turbo's before breakfast.

Some say that bacillus is running a K04 under his hood.

With curves and figures like that, bacillus is either female or must be doing something special. The word on the street whispers "K.. 0.. 4" but is bacillus going to spill about his mods or will it all remain shrouded in secrecy?