Make a donation

Author Topic: rr day Halifax - results and pics.  (Read 35283 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: rr day Halifax - results and pics.
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2009, 11:05:03 pm »
There were no other really mad readings on the day, it felt like to me that all the readings a few percent higher than what could be considered expected results. Monty's made 230 as a stock car, but he may have had a slight problem with his which coinscidently gave stock results as a low reading.
Bacillus has S3 cooler, 2.75 milly, revo DSG map HPFP, stage 2+ engine map and  panel filter.
Which to my mind would not give 40 BHp over my reading no matter what settings he put in through his SPS. I personally think he is playing with octane boosters or that fuel mix that Stevie came up with. But who knows, and i actually like all the intrigue his car is causing.   :santa:

:scared: :scared: :scared: Do you know something, that I don't know TC??? :scared: :scared: :scared:

:rolleye:  It was just a possible theory. we all just assumed that the rollers were reading good, just because your car did 230BHP. I am sure its fine it was just a thought.  :xmassmiley:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2009, 11:14:44 pm »
I personally think he is playing with octane boosters or that fuel mix that Stevie came up with.

Just to stop this speculation, I attended with a fresh tankful of Shell V Power and nothing else i.e. no octane booster.

If I wanted a higher octane fuel, I would have got some BP 102 RON petrol but since that stuff is so infrequently used, it might have been even less than 99 RON through deterioration with prolonged storage.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:17:16 pm by bacillus »
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2009, 11:16:33 pm »
I personally think he is playing with octane boosters or that fuel mix that Stevie came up with.

Just to stop this speculation, I attended with a fresh tankful of Shell V Power and nothing else i.e. no octane booster.

If I wanted a higher octane fuel, I would have got some BP 102 RON petrol but since that stuff is so infrequently used, it might have been even less than 99 RON through deteriotation with prolonged storage.

dont worry about all the haters/non believers  :laugh: we know your car can do the figures day in day out mate so good on you  :congrats:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2009, 11:18:51 pm »
must say when i met u guys up on the moors  and we set off to the racingline i had an awesome view in my rear view mirror of all the cars in the fog coming down the moors with  a porker in the middle it was stunning guys  :drool: :drool:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2009, 11:20:43 pm »
bacillus do you have previous dyno plots available to copare with? :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2009, 11:21:25 pm »

If I wanted a higher octane fuel, I would have got some BP 102 RON petrol but since that stuff is so infrequently used, it might have been even less than 99 RON through deteriotation with prolonged storage.

dont worry about all the haters/non believers  :laugh: we know your car can do the figures day in day out mate so good on you  :congrats:

Nobody is hating Mat. It just shows the possibility's of our ickle turbo. There is nothing wrong with people wondering how it was achieved.  :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2009, 11:22:29 pm »
Dont see it as hating, its really not.. Everyone is just puzzled, understandably surely?..  :happy2:

Baccillus, try and get yourself to the 1/4 mile event matey, your going to have a very good chance of setting some records for a K03 2.0T FSI  :happy2: Would be nice to get all those records back in the UK  :smiley:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Pauli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • ED30 Candy White
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2009, 11:37:07 pm »
must say when i met u guys up on the moors  and we set off to the racingline i had an awesome view in my rear view mirror of all the cars in the fog coming down the moors with  a porker in the middle it was stunning guys  :drool: :drool:

To be a petrol head and see all those hot motors cruising through your town would be a great spectacle, dam that red traffic light for splittin us up.

MK6 3dr CW GTi with Dynaudio, 18" Monza Shadows, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Rear View Camera, Underseat Drawers. ED30 Gone But NEVER Forgotten.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2009, 03:41:32 pm »
Dont see it as hating, its really not.. Everyone is just puzzled, understandably surely?..  :happy2:

Baccillus, try and get yourself to the 1/4 mile event matey, your going to have a very good chance of setting some records for a K03 2.0T FSI  :happy2: Would be nice to get all those records back in the UK  :smiley:
My thoughts exactly mate.. Even if Bacillus is a 1/4 mile virgin and doesn't have great launches, the terminal speed will indicate what sort of power it is running. With his RR figure it should be seeing around 104-5mph I reckon..

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2009, 04:58:47 pm »
What is the wheel horse power of all the cars?
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »
they dont often show WHP.

take 16-19% off

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2009, 05:38:48 pm »

My standard ed30 was 198hp at the wheels......................... but since my car might be suffering from a slight problem it might be more than that.
Thanks TC  :grin:, your earlier re-assurance attempt to cancel out my paranoia has not worked. I've been thinking "What did TC mean?" and "Where should I should get my car looked at?" all day today.
 :santa:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2009, 05:43:26 pm »

My standard ed30 was 198hp at the wheels......................... but since my car might be suffering from a slight problem it might be more than that.
Thanks TC  :grin:, your earlier re-assurance attempt to cancel out my paranoia has not worked. I've been thinking "What did TC mean?" and "Where should I should get my car looked at?" all day today.
 :santa:

theres nothing wrong with your car pal :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2009, 08:15:40 pm »
they dont often show WHP.

take 16-19% off

True transmission loss for the MK5 is no where near that figure, its more like 8 - 12%.. Some of the American Dyno's have huge losses which make for impressive figures

My thoughts exactly mate.. Even if Bacillus is a 1/4 mile virgin and doesn't have great launches, the terminal speed will indicate what sort of power it is running. With his RR figure it should be seeing around 104-5mph I reckon..

Yep, a much more telling way of judging a cars power etc.. no wizardry, no smoke and mirrors.. Just set off and see how fast you can get to the other end..  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2009, 12:08:10 am »
What issues are you having Monte?

My nav successfully guided me to work this morning and also home tonight  :jumpmove:

Thanks again Darren - ever thought of opening up a VW Dealership - i'll be the Accountant!  :xmassmiley:
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!