Make a donation

Author Topic: mfd2 vcds  (Read 1887 times)

Offline kierhanlon6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
mfd2 vcds
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:06 pm »
having a night mare trying to code my aux output to my stereo so i can play songs from my iPhone. any help with vcds what codes i have to put in to make this work. its doing my head in. i have the mfd2 navi head unit and the double apex aux port.
cheers

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 28
Re: mfd2 vcds
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:08:11 pm »
You need to code in a CD changer. Go into long coding help.
Shadow Blue 2007 GTI DSG (Standard)

Offline kierhanlon6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »
You need to code in a CD changer. Go into long coding help.

I have a 6 disc cd changer under my arm rest. I brought the proper wiring harnes for the mfd2. Thinking about buying the correct lead to replace the disc changer for the aux lead. Do U know how I code the radio?
Cheers

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:48:02 pm »
The MFD2 does not have aux in support. It only works by emulating a CD changer. You need to disconnect the 6cd changer in order for the emulator to work. How have you connected it up?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:16:11 am »
The MFD2 does not have aux in support. It only works by emulating a CD changer. You need to disconnect the 6cd changer in order for the emulator to work. How have you connected it up?

Second that. I have an MFD2 also and if I want iPod connection I need to remove the CD changer.

Your other option is an aftermarket connection system such as xCarlink which keeps both!

Offline kierhanlon6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:42 am »

I have connected up with the mfd2 harness straight in the back of the head unit and left the main working loom alone. So which one do I disconnect from the main wiring loom do you know? I brought it from the double apex website there was a couple of options. And I thought the easiest would be the wiring harness for mfd2 but being nothing but problems. Thanks for all your help. Will have a go tomorrow taking the head unit back out and disconnecting the cd changer will try and work out which one it is. Think there is 2 little ones one is blue and the other is white and the main one black I think. Cheers

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 11:55:46 am »
IIRC, the blue is for the CD changer. You need to take that out of the quadlock and plug in your emulator. Shouldn't require coding.

Offline kierhanlon6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 10:01:44 am »
IIRC, the blue is for the CD changer. You need to take that out of the quadlock and plug in your emulator. Shouldn't require coding.

ok brilliant so take the blue out of the quad lock and plus the aux harness in to the port already for the aux port? cheers