Make a donation

Author Topic: whats next?  (Read 13676 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: whats next?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 04:43:26 pm »
Turboing an R32 is mega bucks to do properly.  The cheaper kits are proper 'buy cheap, buy twice' affairs, but they usually take the engine out with it, so you'll need another one of those as well.

Thing is though, I've 'raced' R32s off the line in the wet and the difference isn't as big as you'd think.  I'm no driving god but careful application of the gas and clutch action, nail it at the top of 2nd once the car has momentum and it's see ya later R32.  In a mapped ED30 I'm talking about.  You're talking a car length's difference if you're good, 2 - 3 if you're clumsy!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 05:04:29 pm »
passat is naturally aspirated so how can it get a 100hp gain over a stage 1 makes no sense to me.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 05:17:08 pm »
It's a big naturally aspirated, that's how.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »
Guy on the tt forum paid £10,000 for a turbo kit and another £2 k fitting it so it's not cheap for a V6.

R32 are quick but as mentioned a good second gear will outrun him if you're mapped up right  :signLOL:

I've done it with my tt with misses and both kids in the back coming back from lake side one afternoon and the guy's in the R32 were right up my rear end and I said to son watch this with the misses sayimg no dont do it with the kids but did I listen  :signLOL:
dropped down to third and i was gone 8 car lengths and then disappeared but waited futher near the 50 cameras
My eldest was laughing and saying dad he's trying to come out the glass meaning scream.
When they finally caught up they opened passenger windon and asked me if I had de catted the tt because of the flames a foot long blowong out the dual exits which I never knew about for years  :grin: They aren't as fast as people think they are but a lot of noise IMHO  :rolleye: :driver:

You really want power??? Get an Evo 8-9 FQ 300 and above and you'll be smiling all day every day  :laugh: :drool:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:30:15 pm by r5gtt »

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 05:28:02 pm »
ye evo 8s and 9s have crazy power and are fun to drive but the cars looks pre year 2000 to me. Service every 4.5k miles doesnt help either.

What model tt do you have? which mods. 8 car lengths from a r32 sounds close to gt-r like ability even more so with 4 people in the car.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 05:37:46 pm »
I had a mk1 225 with a huge fmic, relentless down pipe de cat and cat back milltek system, 80mm Badger 5 tip, cone filter, forge 007 dv relocated to cold side, fully front and rear powerflex and poly bushes lowered 40mm for anti lift. remapped to 265 bhp and I'm not lying when I say I left him sniffing my exhaust fumes.

I took the forge dv off as it was leaking but that's my old tt beasty  :jumping: :driver:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:42:27 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 07:01:52 pm »
You're very fond of your old TT, r5gtt. Barely a thread goes by when you don't mention it

Is it 'the one that got away'?

I've known a few women like that..

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:52 pm »
I love the tt's and planning to get the tts but wish people would stop calling it a hairdressers or girls car  :grin: and even worse since I'm planning to get the dsg  :signLOL:

I actually had a race with a tts dsg on the a10 had mine in d with traction on. It barely got past me and it was stock vs my stage 1. Had a few runs beat me every time from a stand still at the lights only once I got ahead from a 40mph roll and it did catch back up and pass me.

though throughout the one year owning my gti dsg stage 1 I have taken out quite a few decent sporty cars like boxter s, 135i, a3 2.0t a5 3.0 tdi, 330i, tt 2.0t quattro, jaguar 3 litre dont know which one, astra vxr and a gtd probably a few other I cant remember :grin:

and gave it to a m4 which we were sbs till his twin turbo kicked in and was goneeeee! same happened with a rs6 I thought it was a regular a6 estate  :signLOL:

so I've had plenty of good memories with my gti and now it's time to move on
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:28:48 pm by The666 »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 07:21:48 pm »
You're very fond of your old TT, r5gtt. Barely a thread goes by when you don't mention it

I really and yes I also mention her in almost every thread as she was the ONE who never let me down 5 years strong with little hick ups like thermostat temp sensor rear wheel bearing rear brake calipers clutch after two years of owning her and all those items are wear and tear items over time not like everyday issues and what you'd expect from an X reg with 100k when I bought her for £6000.
She was the one that got away as it was her or the little baby so I chose baby  :smiley:
If I had a place to store her I would have kept her :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 07:24:29 pm »
I love the tt's and planning to get the tts but wish people would stop calling it a hairdressers or girls car  :grin: and even worse since I'm planning to get the dsg  :signLOL:
Mate don't worry about what those fools say as it's one lovely car to have if you pick the right one as I did. Dsg 3.2 are very cheap now. £4k for a 100k model or even less miles if you look around as I was doing the other day  :happy2:

There's one for sale in the tt forum and it looks a minter with full service etc.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 07:31:07 pm »

I really and yes I also mention her in almost every thread as she was the ONE who never let me down 5 years strong with little hick ups like thermostat temp sensor rear wheel bearing rear brake calipers clutch after two years of owning her and all those items are wear and tear items over time not like everyday issues and what you'd expect from an X reg with 100k when I bought her for £6000.
She was the one that got away as it was her or the little baby so I chose baby  :smiley:
I do like it. Right colour for a mk1, nice wheels, and sounds like you did a good job on the power front. I always remember the old ABT kit for the mk1 too, they looked sweet.

How do you find the TFSI compared to the 1.8T? I always found them a bit lazy and dare I say a little bit boring, even though you could get decent power from them.

My k03 GTI feels much sharper, torquier, and makes nicer noises than a comparible 1.8T. And that includes a 280bhp BAM with anti-lag and all the works I had a ride in round Oulton!

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 07:40:37 pm »
also another reason I'm a little bored of my gti is I have run out of nice country curvy roads around London  :sad1:

running the same laps over and over with the same car it just feels to easy and the fun is gone thats why I'm after something new  :laugh:

So what about you guys that live in or around London any nice bendy roads to have a blast on?  :driver:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 08:01:15 pm »

I do like it. Right colour for a mk1, nice wheels, and sounds like you did a good job on the power front. I always remember the old ABT kit for the mk1 too, they looked sweet.

How do you find the TFSI compared to the 1.8T? I always found them a bit lazy and dare I say a little bit boring, even though you could get decent power from them.

My k03 GTI feels much sharper, torquier, and makes nicer noises than a comparible 1.8T. And that includes a 280bhp BAM with anti-lag and all the works I had a ride in round Oulton!
Your comments are taken with a pinch of salt  :drinking:  or img no way lol
Wish I still had mine to show you how better it sounded than the tfsi not standard of course but still sounded good foot off throttle :smiley: with the milltek it was awesome and felt the difference immediately as with all the other mods I fitted before the remap. down side was that I paid £210 inc customs charged for the delay 630 injectors I didn't fit as I would of been pushing a little more than 265 with those and maybe even WMI and then the hybrid k04 I almost bought before having to sell up it would have been a monster  :evilgrin:

ABT wasn't something I liked as there was nothing but a yellow banana with a wide body and kit that looked  :sick: to look at and didn't even come with decent power for the price either. thumbs down I'm afraid  :signLOL:

I'd defo have my tt again sad I know but hey its a beast with 4wd  :grin:

Yes they so seem lazy as they're carrying around the rear diff front transfer box and a prop shaft as baggage  :signLOL: but when mapped with the right tools fitted the game play changes and you're flying past other cars who think your basically sitting in a girly car :stupid: fools don't know what they're in for. Only car to ever kick my  :booty: was a leon cupra 64 plate and oh yeah and the RS4 down the M1 one night  :signLOL:

Golf is sharper with the response but again it's fwd which is a beech.

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 08:52:50 pm »
passat is naturally aspirated so how can it get a 100hp gain over a stage 1 makes no sense to me.

You've lost me!

The Passat is a 3.6L that came with 300bhp out the box 40ish bhp gain from a map