Make a donation

Author Topic: whats next?  (Read 13677 times)

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
Re: whats next?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 09:01:24 pm »
passat is naturally aspirated so how can it get a 100hp gain over a stage 1 makes no sense to me.

You've lost me!

The Passat is a 3.6L that came with 300bhp out the box 40ish bhp gain from a map

I doubt you will get a extra 40bhp with just a basic map. This is the reason people go out to buy a 335i over a m3. Naturally aspirated is just not good to mod and cant get much out of. The m3 is na and the 335i is twin turbo which you can get around 100hp from a stage 1 tune.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
whats next?
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 07:03:41 pm »
Just my £0.02 but I'm a big fan of manual Audi V8's, which are a dying breed. Turbo hatches will be around for years, but manual V8 AWD Audis? Not so much.

If you can stretch the budget slightly, I'd be looking at a S5. You need to hear the V8 rumble to appreciate it (especially when mated to an aftermarket exhaust).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:48:12 pm by FJ1000 »

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »
Just my £0.02 but I'm a big fan of manual Audi V8's, which are a dying breed. Turbo hatches will be around for years, but manual V8 AWD Audis? Not so much.

If you can stretch the budget slightly, I'd be looking at a S5. You need to hear the V8 rumble to appreciate it (especially when mated to an aftermarket exhaust).

they look nice they sound nice but seriously underpowered for a v8 that was meant to compete with m3.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 09:08:18 pm »

they look nice they sound nice but seriously underpowered for a v8 that was meant to compete with m3.

I'd say the RS range is more the competitor for m3/5 etc. S5 would match up with the 335.

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 09:20:48 pm »

I'd say the RS range is more the competitor for m3/5 etc. S5 would match up with the 335.

Still I would rather have a tuner friendly car. Keep it stock for a few months then slowly mod to keep me from getting bored of it.

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 09:22:27 pm »
passat is naturally aspirated so how can it get a 100hp gain over a stage 1 makes no sense to me.

You've lost me!

The Passat is a 3.6L that came with 300bhp out the box 40ish bhp gain from a map

I doubt you will get a extra 40bhp with just a basic map. This is the reason people go out to buy a 335i over a m3. Naturally aspirated is just not good to mod and cant get much out of. The m3 is na and the 335i is twin turbo which you can get around 100hp from a stage 1 tune.

I think the 3.6 produces a little more than 300bhp standard and makes just under 340 with a map, http://www.r36owners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12

Even a JB4'd 335i is no comparison to an M3.....100 extra bhp or not

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »

^^^ your correct^^^

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

You've lost me!

I think the 3.6 produces a little more than 300bhp standard and makes just under 340 with a map, http://www.r36owners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12

Even a JB4'd 335i is no comparison to an M3.....100 extra bhp or not

335i jb4 would probably be faster in a drag race than a m3 but on the track you're right no competition.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:46 pm »

Still I would rather have a tuner friendly car. Keep it stock for a few months then slowly mod to keep me from getting bored of it.

I can understand that!

Not suggesting this is at all sensible, but if I didn't need 4 doors and a big boot I'd be considering doing something similar to this fella, Cuppa, over on RS246 and A5OC. 600hp supercharged S5! Better than an RS5 not only because of the extra power but the fact you get a manual box.

His build thread is a good read:

Cuppa's S5 Coupe (Supercharged / Meteor Grey)
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=102354

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 12:16:27 am »

I can understand that!

Not suggesting this is at all sensible, but if I didn't need 4 doors and a big boot I'd be considering doing something similar to this fella, Cuppa, over on RS246 and A5OC. 600hp supercharged S5! Better than an RS5 not only because of the extra power but the fact you get a manual box.

His build thread is a good read:

Cuppa's S5 Coupe (Supercharged / Meteor Grey)
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=102354

damn that looks good. I would love to have something like that. Well you can go for a s4 3.0 v6 supercharged revo stage 1+ takes it up to around 440bhp thats 4 doors and plenty boot space. I would love that but its slightly out of my budget, you can get a good one for around 17k manual probably even cheaper.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
whats next?
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:43 am »
This is mine, got the doors and big boot covered ;-)

Faisal's RS4
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=115113

I did look at the B8 S4 ( I had a b8 a4 2.0t Quattro s-line mapped to 285ish), amazing how much power you get from just a map on the S4.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:22:28 am by FJ1000 »

Offline Ricky123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98436.0.html
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 12:53:39 am »
all comes down to what you want from the car, if you want to tune it then it's got to be turbo'd as the cost vs performance gain on a naturally aspirated engine can get ridiculous.

Audi TT can look like a hair dressers car BUT the right spec or exterior upgrades can easily change this, also the Audi TT is a nice place to be inside but not really any good if you want to carry more than 1 passenger.

Audi s3 is a very good all round car, plenty of tuning options, very practical and look nice but there's a lot of them around and most of them look the same, there easily blended in with other cars in traffic if you no what I mean.

BMW 335i is a beast of a car, quite rare In manual, never heard anything bad about the auto box in them but never heard anything good either. The one I drove ages ago felt quite stiff. Probably going to be dearer to insure than the above 2 as its rwd and also won't be as economical.
56 mk5 ed30 3dr
57 mk5 1.9 TDi match
22 a3 s-line competition 45 tfsiE
09 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (road going track sl*g)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 01:33:25 am »
Hairdressing  :surprised: :scared:

This hairdresser took on a 335 on the A13 coming towards Limehouse link and took him on every light as he thought his car was better and i had a shi** old car and he's is a 64 plate. what a pri** he opened his window and to ask me what I'm powering under the hood and I replied nothing compared to yours and laughed in his face  :signLOL: :laugh:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:37:49 am by r5gtt »

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 03:56:29 am »
all comes down to what you want from the car, if you want to tune it then it's got to be turbo'd as the cost vs performance gain on a naturally aspirated engine can get ridiculous.

Audi TT can look like a hair dressers car BUT the right spec or exterior upgrades can easily change this, also the Audi TT is a nice place to be inside but not really any good if you want to carry more than 1 passenger.

Audi s3 is a very good all round car, plenty of tuning options, very practical and look nice but there's a lot of them around and most of them look the same, there easily blended in with other cars in traffic if you no what I mean.

BMW 335i is a beast of a car, quite rare In manual, never heard anything bad about the auto box in them but never heard anything good either. The one I drove ages ago felt quite stiff. Probably going to be dearer to insure than the above 2 as its rwd and also won't be as economical.

yup 335i gearboxes are solid but most of the ads on autotrader have hfhp's and turbos replaced, checked bimmerpost for reliability and many of the 335i owners said make sure you get warranty if you buy it. This kind of put me off. No point of warranty for me since I will like to remap it get exhaust etc. I was after the n54 twin turbo engine the n55 is slightly over my budget.

It's really hard to decide what to get after a gti mkv dsg. Also seeing a lot of previous mkv gti owners coming back for more like yourself.

at this point I can easily up my budget and get a golf r or rs3 but doesn't make sense to pay soo much money for a car when I don't own a house yet :(

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 04:08:08 am »
This is mine, got the doors and big boot covered ;-)

Faisal's RS4
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=115113

I did look at the B8 S4 ( I had a b8 a4 2.0t Quattro s-line mapped to 285ish), amazing how much power you get from just a map on the S4.

Lovely car mate!

How was the a4 2.0t quattro? thats another option for me either that or same engine a5. How is power is it similar to the golf?