Make a donation

Author Topic: whats next?  (Read 13654 times)

Offline markjj

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: whats next?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2016, 06:47:09 pm »
How you getting on with the Beamer. I was looking  for a 335l a while back think they look stunning especially with the autovogue kit?

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2016, 08:16:43 pm »
I'm loving it now. Most of the 335's have the wastegate rattle issue and mines been sorted. Couldn't be happier. Though I wouldn't recommend the autovogue kit if you live in a place with a lot of speed bumps. I'm gonna be tuning it soon once the dealer warranty runs out and should be looking at around 400bhp+ and 400tq+ with just the tune and a downpipe. got my tints on got my blacked gloss grill and now just waiting to put on some alloys and I will have a few pics up soon. Go for it mate it's a great car but just make sure you inspect it with someone that understands these cars.

But having said that if I would rather have a ed30 dsg 4 door just a more practical car. Another but is that in the 335 I don't feel like boosting it all the time most of the time I'm just chill it's too damn comfy :D I will see how I feel after the warranty runs out if I would want to tune or px for a ed30.

Offline markjj

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 05:30:44 pm »
Sounds like it's grown on you then. 400 through the rear is going to mental, Michelin  supersports a must. I'm staying with my 3 door eddie for now. The more I see and hear how good mk7R's are the more I want one. Just waiting for the prices to come down, which I think they will eventually as It seems VW have mass produced a lot more from say the 6R which are still megabucks for a low miler.

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 08:17:33 pm »
Sounds like it's grown on you then. 400 through the rear is going to mental, Michelin  supersports a must. I'm staying with my 3 door eddie for now. The more I see and hear how good mk7R's are the more I want one. Just waiting for the prices to come down, which I think they will eventually as It seems VW have mass produced a lot more from say the 6R which are still megabucks for a low miler.

That's the thing with the steptronic and the traction control on the 335 I get no wheelspins even if I stomp on it from a stand still. Taking a fast turn I feel like I've got the same grip as a quattro. Not the same with the manuals though.
Personally I think the 6r looks better than the 7r and is what I want my next car to be. Though having some time in the 335 I don't know if I will go back to a hatchback.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 08:49:03 am »
I've been looking at a 335i myself recently as a change to my stock GTI.

Did you notice any major changes in costs between the two? i.e. fuel, servicing, parts etc.?

I think the fact that you keep stating you want the ed30 is now talking me out of it already  :signLOL:

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »
I've been looking at a 335i myself recently as a change to my stock GTI.

Did you notice any major changes in costs between the two? i.e. fuel, servicing, parts etc.?

I think the fact that you keep stating you want the ed30 is now talking me out of it already  :signLOL:

It takes some getting used to mate. The 335i is a much heavier car and it feels that way too. I can't really say its the faster 0-60 than my old stage 1 gti which was 326tq compared to 335i stock of 301tq but after 60 is when the car really comes alive  :driver: I used to really love the upshift fart on my dsg but the 335i has a much better exhaust note even from the stock exhaust or you can do the golf tee mod which costs nothing, all you do is disconnect 1 cable from the boot and you have a much louder exhaust.

There are a couple reasons I said I would like to get a ed30, 1. Being that it has 4 doors which is just more practical. Sure there are 335s that have 4 doors but don't look good. 2. With the 335i you cant filter through traffic like you can on the gti.

On the plus side it's a bimmer and you don't look like a kid :) you don't get fiestas revving their engine at you. No one is trying to challenge you. You just don't seem like that nutter that is about to do something dangerous :D  The bimmer has made me a more calmer driver I sometimes just cruise and relax. On the gti I was on attack mode all the time  :jumping:

Having said all that if I had a good px offered to me for a ed30 dsg I might still take it.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2016, 08:54:00 am »
Thanks for the info buddy!

I'm always on the look out just like everyone else so every time I see a nice A5 or 335i I think abot buying one...

335i with an older driver pulled off next to me at a roundabout on Monday and even though he wasn't even putting the foot to the floor the noise was incredible!

I've my eye on a really nice one but the price is still €17k so I'll wait a while and see if it drops!

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2016, 08:58:29 pm »
at that price it's probably a n55 engine not the twin turbo n54. if you want the twin turbo go for models before 09.