Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing the REVO re-map  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Removing the REVO re-map
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 10:15:46 pm »
it shouldnt do as your not resetting the ecu.I just changed my battery and it didnt alter my map.
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 10:18:47 pm »
it shouldnt do as your not resetting the ecu.I just changed my battery and it didnt alter my map.

I didn't think so but after lots of research (take a look in the revo section) it turns out it's programmed in as a feature. Think 2008 cars onwards retain settings but any before don't

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »

I didn't think so but after lots of research (take a look in the revo section) it turns out it's programmed in as a feature. Think 2008 cars onwards retain settings but any before don't

Mines a 2009, it retained the map, but not the settings.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 10:59:04 pm »
I suspect it depends on how long your battery is disconnected as I didn't lose my settings when diconnected for a 10 minute perood.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 11:00:44 pm »
I suspect it depends on how long your battery is disconnected as I didn't lose my settings when diconnected for a 10 minute perood.

Its however long it takes for the ecu to reset. Isnt it like 15 or 20 mins?

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 12:21:52 pm »
The only way to 'remove' it is to get your ecu reflashed with standard software. I had revo taken off my old S3 as the car felt terrible with it. I went to get a new map from AMD (which was miles better) and they couldn't load their software because of the Revo software already loaded, so I had to go back to a Revo dealer to get it removed.

Disconnecting the battery does not return the car to stock or even stock power! It will return it to the generic Revo map meaning you loose any changes you made via the switch, but you will still have remapped power.

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 01:19:38 pm »
JonnyC - you managed to eak a few more miles out of yours than I've done (411 If I recall).

Garth - interesting to hear your comments about the revo software and how you feel AMD map is better.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 02:38:35 pm »
100% it returns to the revo version of the standard map. Exactly the same map as the trial returns to after the 5 hours driving time are up.

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 03:40:32 pm »
The only way to 'remove' it is to get your ecu reflashed with standard software. I had revo taken off my old S3 as the car felt terrible with it. I went to get a new map from AMD (which was miles better) and they couldn't load their software because of the Revo software already loaded, so I had to go back to a Revo dealer to get it removed.

Disconnecting the battery does not return the car to stock or even stock power! It will return it to the generic Revo map meaning you loose any changes you made via the switch, but you will still have remapped power.

Did you get the map done @ amd essex?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:10 pm »
JonnyC - you managed to eak a few more miles out of yours than I've done (411 If I recall).

Garth - interesting to hear your comments about the revo software and how you feel AMD map is better.

Yeah, pretty much 30MPG over the whole tank, that was mixed driving.. Purely on motorways I think 34MPG would be possible for sure.. Not bad for a 360hp 2.0L..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 08:41:54 am »

That was on an 8L Audi S3. It stuttered, had flat spots and terrible throttle response. The AMD map that replaced it was smooth as silk.
I also had Revo on an Ibiza Cupra before that which is the reason for getting it on the S3. I thought it was great on that at the time. However, later on after driving a Jabba mapped Cupra I realised that the Revo map wasn't the best as there was a massive boost spike at lowish rpm causing loads of wheelspin. I was relatively inexperienced with remaps at the time and assumed it was just because it was a FWD car.

100% it returns to the revo version of the standard map. Exactly the same map as the trial returns to after the 5 hours driving time are up.
Didn't do this on either of mine or on my friend's car. Are you sure this isn't just yours? It's certainly not how it is supposed to work.