Make a donation

Author Topic: No rough idle with filler cap open  (Read 1397 times)

Offline vag12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
No rough idle with filler cap open
« on: July 10, 2015, 12:24:43 pm »
Just a general enquiry really, I took of my oil filler cap to check the pcv system is working fine and the car didn't make a difference with the cap off. I had the impression that to diagnose a faulty pcv the car should stay the same instead of running rough. I have the BSH blanking plate on mine does that change anything?

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
Re: No rough idle with filler cap open
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:05:29 pm »
The PCV valve is faulty if there is no change, if it is fully working the idle will change. You've removed your valve which is why the idle stays the same.

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline vag12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 01:27:02 pm »
The PCV valve is faulty if there is no change, if it is fully working the idle will change. You've removed your valve which is why the idle stays the same.

So mine with the blanking plate on and co change in idle with cap off means mine is fine as it is?

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:05 pm »
If it has a blanking plate it doesn't have a PCV valve, right? :laugh:

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:05:57 pm »

So mine with the blanking plate on and co change in idle with cap off means mine is fine as it is?

Yes. You have no PCV valve so there is nothing to test!

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510