Make a donation

Author Topic: Monza's nearly stolen - Where do you keep your nuts?  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Monza's nearly stolen - Where do you keep your nuts?
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 12:03:33 am »
I noticed that this topic is a little out of date but had a close run-in in a pub car-park last week. surprisingly in a nice area. All my wheel nuts apart from the locking nuts were loose. obviously i didn't realize and drove off! had been driving for a while until noticed the nocking noise, took it to the dealer to get it checked over. all is fine but now i'm thinking this could me more common than i originally thought. Does everyone have 2 different locking nuts? im thinking of buying a second set. what is everyone running? just something to keep the chavs away! gutting to hear about all these nice cars! blooming pikeys!

locking wheel nuts arent going to stop anyone who wants your wheels. Locking wheel nut breakers take them off in 2 mins.

Offline candyman

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Monza's nearly stolen - Where do you keep your nuts?
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:40 am »
My recommendation is to keep the existing VW lockers but add McGards 28018 SL's to each wheel. Hide your nuts and keep your fingers crossed. I've now got the car back with new wheels and new locking nuts which are well hidden.

I've noticed that on the Mk6 GTI's the VW lockers are a copy of the McGards and a change from the old MK5 version..... Good move VW