Make a donation

Author Topic: Battery going flat again!!!  (Read 767 times)

Offline Airz182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Battery going flat again!!!
« on: July 17, 2015, 10:45:52 pm »
My battery drain is back once again! After thinking i had found the cause, (a relay under the steering wheel) which only seemed to operate the interior lights. The battery drain stopped, but past two days car has been flat again withing 2-3hours!!
One thing i have noticed in the few days before the drain issues is that the car sometimes cranks  a little longer than usual to fire up. Also ive not heard the fuel pump prime when opening the drivers door. Ive come across on Google something to do with a faulty fuel pump relay that can cause battery drain?? Anybody shed some light on this? Or have any other ideas? Or be willing to have a look at it :)
Instagram- airz182

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Battery going flat again!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:15:16 am »
I didn't see your old thread but how old is the battery, perhaps it's tired and not holding juice.
Is it definitely getting charged?  How's the alternator / wiring / pulley.

Any error codes? If nothing hardware wise has changed recently I'd be thinking battery or Alty / wiring, rather than parasitic drain... But I've been wrong many times before. Lol.

Good luck mate.

dansmith180

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 09:46:42 am »
The other 2 issues I know of are sometimes the head unit stays on when you get out of the car or comes back on later. That's easy to check

And the brake light switch under the pedal can cause the brake lights to come on when your not even in the car. Again easy to check.

Probably not either of these but its easy to rule them out and narrow it down. Good luck  :happy2:

Offline Airz182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 10:32:18 pm »
Cheers mate, checked these today and its still gone flat again, twice today! Think its auto electrian time!! Borderline on selling the thing!
Instagram- airz182

Offline Airz182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 10:38:21 pm »
Just to add , i check alternater i was getting a reading of 13.7volts last time i checked it it was kicking out 14.4volts
Instagram- airz182

Offline Airz182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:48:29 pm »
Tried charging battery today, wouldnt take a charge, jumpstart  and startsstraight away, had a look a driversdoor wiring and its corroded, tho everything is working, except the fuel pump prime thing when you open the door, still cannot hear it like i used to. Could this wiring be the cause of my battery drain?
Instagram- airz182

Offline PM30S

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Edition 30 Revo Stage 2+
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »
Sounds like your car has a parasitic drain.