Make a donation

Author Topic: Private Plate  (Read 4058 times)

Kam88

Re: Private Plate
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 09:54:28 pm »
So the way DVLA works just incase people don't know they are quiet helpful at the private reg bit.

What i found out after calling them and speaking to a nice chap.

There is THOUSANDS of number plates that have never been launched from DVLA so i was looking for a plate that had KAM in it but at the front like a dateless plate and everything was into thousands of £££ at all random private plate websites. So anyway after i spoke to nice chap at DVLA i said do you have any and he said yes we have LOADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey let me buy one then answer is NO!!!!!

Well that was bit upsetting but after talking to him longer he said what sort of KAM plate are you after as we have lots of plates but if you tell me couple of options we can find something for you. So my 2 options were KAM 88Y as i was born in 88 or KAM 88C as it again i am born in 88 and surname begins with C so i thought 2 very good plates and i don't have to alter letter number stick silly dots and police will stay away. Happy days though everything is good asked the price and answer was NO!!!!!!!!!!!  :signLOL:

So once i have chosen my 2 number plates what they do is add them to the system and put them up on auction which unfortunately can take up to 12 months. Once they go to auction you receive email telling you where the auction will be if you wish to attend or you can do online bid. Well in my case 4 months later i received the lovely email saying Hello number plate you requested will be at one of our auctions in XXXX if you still wish to buy it please go down there or submit your bid online.

Guess what i am now the owner of KAM 88Y   :P

So to some of you that this might be of interest give them a ring and see what they have for you  :happy2:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:56:26 pm by Kam88 »