Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi S3 Transfer box  (Read 2143 times)

Saif-ahmed7

Audi S3 Transfer box
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:42:56 pm »
hi guys, ive recently bought a 2007 audi s3 with 88k on the clock. the other day i was driving and all of a sudden something underneath just went bang bang bang aswell as my heart lol. so i parked up and switched off the engine straight away.. looked underneath the car and all the gear box oil had leaked out.. now i dont know much about cars so i assumed straight away oh oh there goes the gear box.. ive then jacked the car up looked under and seen a big hole in the transfer box..from there ive droves there car home which was about 0.2 miles away. ive parked the car up for a few days looking for transfer boxes.. today ive got in started it up, put it in reverse and the car wont go back? ive put it in first but its very jumpy like somethings gonna snap.. any advice on what to do and what it could be? it wont have affected the gear box will it?

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Audi S3 Transfer box
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:05:17 am »
Not sure about the hole you have in the transfer box I have never came across this before but I did have all my gearbox oil empty onto my drive when my input shaft bearing collapsed? Sounds very similar symptoms to what I had with the crunching/grinding and jerky when trying to move. For £5 you can pop the black cap off the end of the gearbox and check the condition of your input shaft bearing. I am in the middle of having gearbox issues in my 2007 s3 8p...what I think is gears contacting each other.

Stevie.

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Audi S3 Transfer box
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 08:04:16 am »
I have an S3 gearbox for sale if any of you guys end up needing one.