Make a donation

Author Topic: Mix and matching items  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Mix and matching items
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:46:41 pm »
Detailing my car currently.  Reading reading and reading.........and mire reading.

The big question, is it BEST to try and stick to a brand? and not mix/match?

For example, I'm using Auto Finesse Snow/shampoo, would this be better than using AF and meguiars for example?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

dansmith180

Re: Mix and matching items
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:07:47 pm »
Mix and match as much as you like, I use Valet pro snow foam, Bilt Hamber degreaser, Chemical Guys shampoo, Dodo Juice glass cleaner, Bouncers QD and Gtechniq tyre dressing. One company doesn't do the best of every product so mixing means you often use better products for your needs.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:16:35 pm »
Thank you :)

Looking at a contaminate remover - I can't be doing with 15 different products lol

Looking at Auto Finesse Citrus? Iron our or Verso APC ?   - so confusing, but generally is there much difference?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

dansmith180

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 10:36:58 pm »
Thank you :)

Looking at a contaminate remover - I can't be doing with 15 different products lol

Looking at Auto Finesse Citrus? Iron our or Verso APC ?   - so confusing, but generally is there much difference?

I don't use Autofinesse products.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 10:39:00 pm »
may I ask why?

what do you use to remove heavy stuff from paint?

and a strong APC for arches/inside doors etc?

dansmith180

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 10:47:58 pm »
may I ask why?

what do you use to remove heavy stuff from paint?

and a strong APC for arches/inside doors etc?

I keep my opinions on autofinesse to myself.

Heavy soiling I use Bilt Hamber Surfex HD (APC), its water based so won't damage anything and you can use it neat or quite heavily diluted. Also using it with warm water helps it work better. I normally use it about 10:1 with warm water which is good enough for arches and paintwork.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 10:49:41 pm »
Please PM me mate? I'm new to all this well  :sick: if Im wasting ££ on wrong stiuff

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 07:59:49 am »
nothing wrong with auto finesse products

like Dan said one company can't be the best at everything

I use all af products so if you need to know any questions about products just ask

Dan..
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 11:05:06 am »
Same as bth the dans before, how will you know what is good or not if you only stock with firm, detailing worlds review section they always seem to be on point
I use auto finesse, chemical guys, sonax, megiuars, 50 cal. To name a few and the products I have all work really well

Its just a way of life.