Make a donation

Author Topic: Divert Valve...... I think  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Isaac McElroy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Divert Valve...... I think
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:42 pm »
Hello,
Im new to this folks so go easy, please.

Recently bought a MK5 golf gti, 2005 with 80,000miles. Car was clean on the outside but could tell the previous owner had neglected her a bit but thought it just needed a good service and it would be as good as new. So I have just got it serviced including timing belt, water pumper, new disks all round, new tyres etc etc. Spending a good bit of cash hoping it would sort the thing out. But nooooooooo.... Still somthing not just right with it. Nothing coming up on the computer but i know its not running like it should.

So here are the symptoms  -

+ Car seems to be loosing abit of power and is making a real hissing noise when I accelerate hard.
+ Jittery in the lower revs.
+ Idling abit funny and makes a real ticking sound.

I've just ordered a new divert valve and im hoping this will sort it out.

Really hope some kind soul on her can help and and give me some guidance..... :)

Offline Airz182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Divert Valve...... I think
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:14:15 pm »
Alright mate,  hissin sound n lose of boost does sound like the common diverter valve, as mine is doing the same,
Jittery in low revs could be coil pack maybe?
Idleing funny could possibly be pcv valve, or maf sensor tho im not 100% whether any of these could be your issues, try googling your symptoms.
Instagram- airz182

Offline Airz182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:15:41 pm »
And loud ticking noise is the injectors i think or high pressure fuel pump, i had two guys one from vw and another from audi look at mine and both said that it was normal to sound ticky
Instagram- airz182

Offline N44LED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 11:28:21 pm »
When you change your dv look in to the dv+ from gfb go faster bits. Little bit dear but big improvement on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Isaac McElroy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 06:22:07 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!!

I ordered a divert valve last night so should be here on Friday so will get it in over the weekend. Ill let you know if it helps any.

As for the coil pack ill do a little research on that now. Hope its not to expensive just forked out a fortune on the service :(

N44LED crap!!! too late ive already ordered the a standard one. Maybe next time..

Thanks everybody.

Offline N44LED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:26:40 pm »
That's ok it goes in between the valve and turbo I found it holds he boost for longer order one

Offline Isaac McElroy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 11:35:35 pm »
N44LED, what exactly will it do for me or improve? Im at little confuse. Going to do a little research here. But I'm taking it you wild highly recommend purchasing one?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 02:56:54 pm »
I'm not convinced by the GFB DV+ tbh.  Over time they seem to get sluggish and I get compressor surge and squeaks on part throttle when it opens.  Stripping it down and cleaning it etc seems to help.....for a while.  I'm wondering if the brass piston binds in the ally casing when it gets hot.

Fitted a standard G diverter the other day and the car is just as responsive and doesn't make any noises or cause compressor surge.

Maybe I was unlucky but I won't be fitting the DV+ again!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 09:04:30 pm »
I'm not convinced by the GFB DV+ tbh.  Over time they seem to get sluggish and I get compressor surge and squeaks on part throttle when it opens.  Stripping it down and cleaning it etc seems to help.....for a while.  I'm wondering if the brass piston binds in the ally casing when it gets hot.

Fitted a standard G diverter the other day and the car is just as responsive and doesn't make any noises or cause compressor surge.

Maybe I was unlucky but I won't be fitting the DV+ again!

The mixed reviews was enough to put me off the DV+. Rev G never gets any complaints (except the rare occasion one fails. . .)
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline dTEA

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 12:58:28 am »
Sounds obvious, but I presume you have also checked for tears and loose hoses in the bay. Especially if the car has just been serviced and bits may have been removed and not put back properly.

The revised standard DV will do the job unless you plan on putting serious ponies through it.  :happy2:

Offline Isaac McElroy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:03 pm »
Yea I took a good look round the bay and I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I wish it was but unfortunately not.

Now the engine is making a serious ticking noise when sitting at idle.  And Also holding revs more than it should. (Pretty sure it's not caused by a leaking hose) When will it end? Haha

Offline Dobbsy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 09:52:03 am »
Put it on a smoke tester and will see if any hoses etc are split