General > Product Reviews

GTI Forge TWINtake air intake - Review....

<< < (4/82) > >>

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on December 17, 2009, 04:40:01 pm ---
so as i said above y did u break down? was it due the intake ? :smiley:

--- End quote ---

....Sorry, Mat (I thought you were joking, as in the sweepstake thread). I didn't break down but asked JKM to check for coolant leaks (I've got a flange leak being attended to by my VW dealer tomorrow) and they discovered a split intercooler seal O-ring. They fitted a new O-ring before going on the rollers.

MAT ED30:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on December 17, 2009, 04:55:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on December 17, 2009, 04:40:01 pm ---
so as i said above y did u break down? was it due the intake ? :smiley:

--- End quote ---

....Sorry, Mat (I thought you were joking, as in the sweepstake thread). I didn't break down but asked JKM to check for coolant leaks (I've got a flange leak being attended to by my VW dealer tomorrow) and they discovered a split intercooler seal O-ring. They fitted a new O-ring before going on the rollers.

--- End quote ---

thats all i wanted to know  :smiley: thanks mate and thanks for putting the review together  :smiley:  was good to read but for me its abit too bling and i like the setup i have ie big cold air feed in the fog light and a big open cone evoms kit  :evilgrin:

RedRobin:
^^^^
Have you run a duct up from the foggy panel to the EVOMS, Mat?

MAT ED30:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on December 17, 2009, 05:12:57 pm ---^^^^
Have you run a duct up from the foggy panel to the EVOMS, Mat?

--- End quote ---

yes mate

u can hear it sucking the air in  :evilgrin:

RedRobin:
^^^^
I might do the same later, Mat. I've sourced a nice carbon inlet which will fit my OSIR carbon fog panels and I'll just run a flexi-hose up to the rear headlight area where the Twintake suctions from but without a sealed attachment.

Not really needed but.. The slippery slope  :rolleye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version