Make a donation

Author Topic: Has anyone asked RTech to create a different delivery map  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
Has anyone asked RTech to create a different delivery map
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:50:51 am »
I know RTech can produce great linear maps that pull all the way to the red line etc, but I also read Nicki say they can also do for example a 'torque rich' map which is all about low down peaky type thrust, similar to how Revo work on the aggressive boost setting.

As I said Nicki said they can do that, just wondered if anyone had it ?, I love my Revo stage 2+ map for its excitement, so wondered if I went to RTech could they do the same but better ? :jumping:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Has anyone asked RTech to create a different delivery map
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:32:33 pm »
I'd be very surprised if he couldn't. In fact on the website where it covers the 5 switchable maps, it talks about a 'winter map like a Honda' and an all out full guns map, and so on.

It'll depend how safe Niki thinks a map with a big early spike of torque would be, I'd imagine anything's possible but he wouldn't want to send someone away knowing the boost/power delivery is well outside of sensible limits.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 08:03:05 pm »
He will do whatever you ask for within reason.

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:14:32 pm »
I'd be very surprised if he couldn't. In fact on the website where it covers the 5 switchable maps, it talks about a 'winter map like a Honda' and an all out full guns map, and so on.

It'll depend how safe Niki thinks a map with a big early spike of torque would be, I'd imagine anything's possible but he wouldn't want to send someone away knowing the boost/power delivery is well outside of sensible limits.

Do you have a link to this at all please? Can't find it on the site and meant to ask when I booked in for the end of the month.

Dave

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 08:37:38 pm »

Do you have a link to this at all please? Can't find it on the site and meant to ask when I booked in for the end of the month.

Dave
http://r-techperformance.co.uk/axx-bwa-tfsi-k04-turbo-conversion/

It's the paragraph after the first dyno photo, on the k04 conversion page but the same rule applies.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:07 pm »
He typically does aggressive torque delivery on 4WD cars as the chassis can deliver the power better, but Niki has full control of the ECU so as Deako says above, he can do it.  . . He will ramp the boost up quicker  :driver: then will tweak it until your happy  :happy2:

Take a copy of the graph you like the look of, and he will replicate it - and give you 4 other boost maps for free, map your traction control so it works better, and add a hard cut Rev limiter (if you want)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:07:28 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:44 am »
He typically does aggressive torque delivery on 4WD cars as the chassis can deliver the power better, but Niki has full control of the ECU so as Deako says above, he can do it.  . . He will ramp the boost up quicker  :driver: then will tweak it until your happy  :happy2:

Take a copy of the graph you like the look of, and he will replicate it - and give you 4 other boost maps for free, map your traction control so it works better, and add a hard cut Rev limiter (if you want)

Thanks, might give him a call  :happy2: