Make a donation

Author Topic: New member mid purchase!  (Read 931 times)

Offline james_kav

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
New member mid purchase!
« on: August 11, 2016, 05:48:38 pm »
Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello and thanks anyway for all of the fantastic posts/stickies that I've been reading through.

Wondering if I can be cheeky and ask a question here or if I need to post in a different area!!

I'm in the middle of buying a MK5 GTi and I went to look at one the other night, 06 - 88K most of the service history (!!) and everything I'm looking for (5dr, leather, 18" monzas etc.). However... I've got VCDS and each a scan, got a P0299 boost error and the car felt very underpowered when driven. I suspect it's the DV and will need changing but I'm worried it might be a faulty turbo. Do you think it's worth a punt if I get it for the right price?

Thanks,

James
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:59:39 pm by james_kav »

Offline james_kav

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: New member mid purchase!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:32 pm »
Hello again, decided to walk away from that one as just didn't feel right... Had a look at another car in Huddersfield but again was looking OK but then on full lock got a knocking sound from the near side. Checked under the wing and noticed overspray on the spring! Again, decided to walk away.

Anyway, one popped up down the road from me on Gumtree in Hexham so decided to look. Now the proud owner of a '56 plate Steel Grey, full leather, 84K FSH very well looked after GTi, picking it up tomorrow!

Loving all the articles that I've been reading and may do some subtle mods over the next few months. Hopefully I can also contribute to the forum wherever I can!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:21:07 pm by james_kav »