Make a donation

Author Topic: GFB DV+  (Read 17252 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 679
Re: GFB DV+
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 03:28:25 pm »
The DV+ just makes a little mouse squeak when you lift off on part throttle, otherwise it's silent!  It's very subtle though and you can't hear it with the windows up.

A for the tshhhhh blow off noises......there are tshhhhhh noises, and there are tshhhhhh noises!  A big turbo with a big TIAL 50mm bov makes a cool noise, but a little turbo with little bov, not so cool!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 03:50:21 pm »
Thinking of getting one of these but can anyone tell me if it makes a blow off sound?

I bought a forge blow off adaptor and I hate it :surprised:

I have obviously totally outgrown the pathetic pfft-pfft sound it makes :laugh:

I thought I would like the sound. I was wrong :rolleye:

Anyways.... I've been thinking of getting one of these but I've been worried that it will make the same pathetic racket as the forge spacer :ashamed: :ashamed:

Can anyone dispel my concerns :smiley:

Hey I'm in the same situation. Sick of the forge spacer noises.

Dude get a DV+ you won't regret it :happy2:
The forge spacer sounds so crap. In all honesty it sounds much more like a bus releasing pressure from it's brake air lines than it does a proper big turbo dumping excess globs of turbo spool juice :rolleye:

As others have said the DV+ is not night and day (unless of course your diaphragm is split) but the boost response and transition is so pin sharp compared to an OEM diverter that the  more time I spend with it the more i love it :love:

The DV+ just makes a little mouse squeak when you lift off on part throttle, otherwise it's silent!  It's very subtle though and you can't hear it with the windows up.

A for the tshhhhh blow off noises......there are tshhhhhh noises, and there are tshhhhhh noises!  A big turbo with a big TIAL 50mm bov makes a cool noise, but a little turbo with little bov, not so cool!

You literally took the word rights out of my mouth buddy.....

Whopper turbo + Whopper BOV = awesomesauce
Tiddly turbo + Tiddly BOV = Bus Brakes :signLOL:

Offline gtininja

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:25 pm »
Thinking of getting one of these but can anyone tell me if it makes a blow off sound?

I bought a forge blow off adaptor and I hate it :surprised:

I have obviously totally outgrown the pathetic pfft-pfft sound it makes :laugh:

I thought I would like the sound. I was wrong :rolleye:

Anyways.... I've been thinking of getting one of these but I've been worried that it will make the same pathetic racket as the forge spacer :ashamed: :ashamed:

Can anyone dispel my concerns :smiley:

Hey I'm in the same situation. Sick of the forge spacer noises.

Dude get a DV+ you won't regret it :happy2:
The forge spacer sounds so crap. In all honesty it sounds much more like a bus releasing pressure from it's brake air lines than it does a proper big turbo dumping excess globs of turbo spool juice :rolleye:

As others have said the DV+ is not night and day (unless of course your diaphragm is split) but the boost response and transition is so pin sharp compared to an OEM diverter that the  more time I spend with it the more i love it :love:

You literally took the word rights out of my mouth buddy.....

Whopper turbo + Whopper BOV = awesomesauce
Tiddly turbo + Tiddly BOV = Bus Brakes :signLOL:

Bus brakes haha it's not that bad with ko4.
Anyway GFB DV added to xmas shopping list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2016, 01:17:31 am »
Im gonna wait and see if Awesomegti have a sale on it during Boxing Day or New Years. Meant to ask on Black Friday what deal they would do but got the anti-lift kit instead!

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2016, 06:09:59 am »
They won't, the price is mandated by GFB. Free delivery is about the best you'll get
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales