Make a donation

Author Topic: Air bag faults  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
Air bag faults
« on: March 15, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »
Hi all

I have a stripped out interior bar the dash in my leon fr 2008 as well as buckets and harness. There have been a number of airbags removed as well as the oem seatbelt system which results in the airbag light being illuminated. I have a number of faults which are listed below. Looking for some information/advice really as I want the light off for the MOT.

There are a number of sockets coming off the main wire bundle that goes round the car which I believe would have plugged into seat belt tensioner, side and head airbag etc. There is a large rectangular socket similiar in size to the OBD port on both passenger and driver side, and also two smaller sockets on both sides. On the driverside there is a socket that is plugged into a small box underneath the drivers seat.  If anyone can identify these that would be great.

ignoring the bottom three faults, the faults i can make sense of are the igniter head-airbag fault, the side airbag igniter fault and the seat belt tensioner fault on both sides. I have read about resistors being made up, is it just one resistor for each fault or are there three separate resistors needed? Any help is apreciated as im just trying to get my head around it.

Thanks

9 Faults Found:
01589 - Igniter for Head-Airbag; Passenger Side (N252)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

01588 - Igniter for Head-Airbag; Drivers Side (N251)

01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)

01217 - Side Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N199)

00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter; Passenger Side (N154)

00654 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter; Driver Side (N153)

01578 - Airbag Deactivation Warning Lamp; Passenger Side (K145)
009 - Open or Short to Ground - MIL ON

01228 - Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON

02756 - Redundant signal path of Airbag cut-off switch - front passenger side (E224)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON