Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stage II Update..  (Read 7154 times)

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Nooob
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 07:17:09 pm »
welcome looks great  :happy2:
has the crail surface improved over the years? It always had wince inducing ruts ...
managed to spin my mk2 there many moons ago lol

good to have you on here :happy2:

It's not too bad tbh when I went last month was the first time I'd been, first few boys who went on were complaining of loss of traction with gravel etc on the track, I noticed all the lads running coilovers, very low suspension were the only ones having the problems, it's not an exactly smooth surface but I great wee setup all the same!

Last shot is great!

You now have too many doors now though.  :scared:

Very true mate, but got offered the car at a price I just couldn't say no, so took it :D with a few engine mods I'm sure I can overlook the door problem  :grin:

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Nooob
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 01:13:51 pm »
Well guys thought I would share some more pics, nothing really changed from the last ones still working on the mechanical side of the car.
Got it proffesionally detailled yesterday by a company up here called Car Medic, they are top of their game for what they do, but I will let the pics speak for themselfs..

Cheers Chris.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Detailed 16 June 2009.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 04:38:53 pm »
Very nice.  :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 05:42:11 pm »
What type of SatNav is that?

Nice looking car too  :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 05:46:27 pm »
Looks fantastic mate  :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 05:57:00 pm »
What type of SatNav is that?

Nice looking car too  :happy2:

It's Igo Satnav think they're something to do with TomTom

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 05:40:10 pm »
Well after a lot of conflicting stories etc (and still not 100% sure how to fit them) I picked a set up on ebay £430 including postage which I think is pretty fair, and as you will see they are in immaculate condition!

Still need some other parts and guidance on how to get everything set up etc, been browsing lots of VW forums and picking up bits and pieces, will try keep the thread up to speed.

Anyway here they are...  think they will just transform the car at night!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: OEM Xenons Arrive 20/06/09
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 05:54:34 pm »
hi mate, feel free to read my build thread, i retrofitted xenons. its quite easy. you need some kufatec adaptors and a bit of vag commingand your done. thats without auto leveling though

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: OEM Xenons Arrive 20/06/09
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 08:19:02 pm »
Cheers JPC your thread is awesome, lotta work went into that GT allright  :surprised: The R32 brakes are the sex man just look minted behind any wheels lol. Saw a full set last week on ebay, was tempted!

I think I'm gonne install the washer jets at the front aswell, will get some pics up when I've got all the costings etc.

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Revfo Stage II Update..
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 02:33:51 pm »
Been having some problems with the cars power under boost since I got it, after putting the car into Drivers a few weeks ago I had the Revo Stage II map put on (£570.00) after being told the car was ready to be collected, when I went to pick it up I was told the car was showing 4 error codes on Vagcom and even though the map was installed the car just wasn't performing how it should.

So after some weeks of trial and error, I was told I would need to replace both the following parts at a cost of £112.73

Boost Control Valve

Emmision Control Valve

After installing both, was told the car was now not showing any fault codes and seemed to be making boost now, but wasn't holding the boost when the turbo was coming in...

So after trawling many Golf GTi forums I discovered a few people having issues with the diverter valves on the earlier MK5 models & VW had released a revised version of the valve.. (at the same time Drivers also stumbled across this info..

Saturday I finally tracked down one at Verve in Rutherglen £32.73

Gets the phone call later that day from drivers that this was indeed the suspect all along... (must also add here they fitted free of charge)

You can see where the rubber seal has literally melted away.

Cars now back and running amazing, power from the Revo Stage II is apparently now 265bhp (65bhp increase) [still unconfirmed)

Should also add a big thanks to Drivers really, the guys were always proffesional the whol way through, downloaded every diagram of the car they could, and always fited me in at a minutes notice!!

Total cost: £715.46  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:35:42 pm by glasgowdubber »