Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Settings?  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Revo Settings?
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:55:27 am »
Morning boys. Just a quick one..
Right I have two mates with S3's who have recently had Revo software loaded on their cars. Now one of them has had Stage 1 for about 6 months and after telling him about Stage 2+ and the feedback people have been giving about it, it didn't take him long to get the additional hardware added (Autotech, Dbilas, Milltek TBE) followed by the software.
After going out in it the other night I was definately impressed, but there was a flat spot. I asked him what settings it was set up on and was told B9 T7 F6. So we had a play about with my switch and changed it to B9 T6 F8 and it is now perfect (his comments, not mine  :wink:) and goes like a fooking rocket. What did concern me was he was told he could try settings B9 T9 F9  :surprised:. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but T9??????  :confused:
Also my other mate has just had Stage 1 added to his 09 plate S3 SB and he was set up on B7 T5 F2   :confused: Now I may not be 100% clued up, but should a Stage 1 car be on F2? As every Stage 1 car I have seen before with stock pump has always been on F9. I was led to believe that the lower the fuel setting, the more fuel is requested, hence it's always set up on 9 unless the car has a HPFP.
We have been out this morning in it and we tried B9 T6 F9 and the car felt alot stronger than the B7 T5 F2 it was on (also had a flat spot at about 5k on these settings which went when changed). I know the boost would obviously make it feel stronger due to it being more aggressive, but it just felt better all the way through the revs.
Now I know the guy who has mapped both cars and he is a sound chap, but hasn't been a Revo dealer very long. He took both cars out after mapping them with VAGCOM apparently to set them up bang on, but I can't help but think the settings aren't quite right (especially the fuel) :confused:
What do you boys think? Am I right to be curious, or are these settings the norm with some cars?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:08:37 am by Vtec Abuser »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
Re: Revo Settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:27:31 am »
Morning Dom. Cheers for the quick reply mate  :happy2:.
Now I don't have VAGCOM and i'm obviously not very clued up on it either. This is the reason I posted as I can't obviously do logs myself and unfortunately are just going off a bum dyno  :grin:. BUT there was definately a flat spot / pulling back on both cars as it wasn't just me that noticed it.
Now I know B9 isn't always the best option, but my mate with the Stage 2+ car has always preferred the B9 setting as he likes the aggressive power delivery, so who am I to argue  :wink: It's just the fuel setting that i'm a bit unsure about as I haven't had the pleasure of sampling Stage 2+ on mine (Yet  :wink:), so don't know the ins and outs about the different setting with the fuelling. I thought that on F6 it would be ok, as like you say, each car is different and was set up properly on VAGCOM so should of been fine. But since going to B9 T6 F8 it has definately made a big improvement (more his thoughts/words than mine) and more importantly there is no flat spot, just nice, smooth power delivery...
My mate is wanting to get his car on the rollers, so ideally it would be good to get him to one of our future RR days and hopefully have one of you VAGCOM junkies have a butchers at it..  :wink:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:33:45 am »
It was my understanding the fuel setting is like requested AFR, so on stock fuel pump you request as high as possible F9 so the pump delivers as much as it can, as we know it struggles. Then when you change to the HPFP you can set a lower fuel setting because the pump can deliver giving the AFR you want :smiley:

might have it all wrong though :laugh:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 11:43:25 am »
In fact I'm in discussion with a guy on Vagoc, Im running B8 T5 F6, hes running B9 T6 F9 who has a very similar spec to mine and he's running higher F setting, when he drops his fuel settings to the same as me his CF's go up, we think the extra fuel maybe cooling things down a bit

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 12:30:06 pm »
In fact I'm in discussion with a guy on Vagoc, Im running B8 T5 F6, hes running B9 T6 F9 who has a very similar spec to mine and he's running higher F setting, when he drops his fuel settings to the same as me his CF's go up, we think the extra fuel maybe cooling things down a bit

Hmmm, not sure about this - people get confused with the way Revo fuel settings work - a higher Revo setting, i.e. fuelling of 8 compared to say six actually makes for a leaner mix.

Offline NotNormal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 12:35:01 pm »
Ben, i have VAGCOM as does Ricky - if (guessing) Edd and Matt need/want to check AFR's ect...

Also, ref settings, this might help :

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/pdf/SelectPlus_AdvancedUserGuide_V0707.pdf

Tom
Don't judge me by your ability !

Current daily crapper - Audi A6 Avant 3.0tdi SLine Quattro

Previous favourite rides :

BMW E92 335d M/Sport (351/520)
BMW  E92 335d SE (339/500)
Golf MK5 GT170 Diesel Sport (220/330)
Audi S4 (B6) - Noggy blue (366bhp)
Evo VI (6 ;) ) RSII - Scotia White (420bhp)
Astravan Sportive 1.9 CDTi - 190bhp
Astra GTE (MK2) Turbo (

Offline steve D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:10 pm »
My cars been setup by the shame chap aswell and having nowt but problems  :confused:

Fuel cuts and a slipping clutch when i picked it up  :fighting:
Back to standard!!!!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:48:14 pm »
Im running Stage 2+ on my Octavia vRS

I am using Settings B9 T7 F6. The reason i can run such high timing is because i have an S3 cooler which is better than the standard one (same as a K03 GTi) and after careful logging and sending the logs to Kev Hall at REVO that was what settings the car seemed happiest on.

I would imagine to use B9 T7 F6 on an S3 you would need a better intercooler to keep things in check. Even though i have an S3 Cooler on a Octavia vRS (same as K03 GTi) Stage 2+ = 280bhp…ish. Stage 2+ on an S3 will be around the 330-350bhp mark so again is pushing the standard intercooler.

If you are going to alter the settings you need to log it with VCDS and check the Fuel Trims are OK the EGT's are ok and that you don't have any timing pull on the cylinders (probably what was causing the flat spot)

HTH

Carl :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »
Im running Stage 2+ on my Octavia vRS

I am using Settings B9 T7 F6. The reason i can run such high timing is because i have an S3 cooler which is better than the standard one (same as a K03 GTi) and after careful logging and sending the logs to Kev Hall at REVO that was what settings the car seemed happiest on.

I would imagine to use B9 T7 F6 on an S3 you would need a better intercooler to keep things in check. Even though i have an S3 Cooler on a Octavia vRS (same as K03 GTi) Stage 2+ = 280bhp…ish. Stage 2+ on an S3 will be around the 330-350bhp mark so again is pushing the standard intercooler.

If you are going to alter the settings you need to log it with VCDS and check the Fuel Trims are OK the EGT's are ok and that you don't have any timing pull on the cylinders (probably what was causing the flat spot)

HTH

Carl :happy2:

Cheers for the reply Carl and good to hear your findings too.  :happy2:
My mates S3 seems to be fine now and has been for a couple of months. Settings are either on B9 T6 F8 and B8 T6 F8. both of which are runing well..  :wink:

My cars been setup by the shame chap aswell and having nowt but problems  :confused:

Fuel cuts and a slipping clutch when i picked it up  :fighting:

Think I heard about your car mate the other day.. You from Lincoln, if so what colour Ed30 have you got bud?
Slipping clutch is nothing new once mapping the car, as there has been quite a few peeps on here with similar problems (same with S3 owners). All on manual cars and it is quite well known that the clutch a DMFW set up isn't the greatest. I would suggest going for the Sachs clutch kit as it seems to be getting good reviews. Only problem is you may need a new DMFW  :sad1:..

Offline steve D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:43:03 am »

[/quote]
Think I heard about your car mate the other day.. You from Lincoln, if so what colour Ed30 have you got bud?
Slipping clutch is nothing new once mapping the car, as there has been quite a few peeps on here with similar problems (same with S3 owners). All on manual cars and it is quite well known that the clutch a DMFW set up isn't the greatest. I would suggest going for the Sachs clutch kit as it seems to be getting good reviews. Only problem is you may need a new DMFW  :sad1:..
[/quote]

Yes Mate from Lincoln,i've been to the pod with you before when i had my Evo 9,it's Candy white.
To be fair i'm not suprised that the clutch is slipping but its just abit of a pain when you pick your car up and its doing it straight away :sad1:
I've got a Sachs one on order so will get that fitted soon and will be able to enjoy the car at last as not had it long.
Need to get the fuel cut issues sorted aswell :confused:
Back to standard!!!!

Offline Revo Kev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 10:24:33 am »
There can be a massive difference in between settings, you mention flat spots and inconsistancies. For example our K1 runs sooo much better on T5 than T6 even with all of the bits and VPower. Fuel 9 for anything with a stock pump is recommended!