Make a donation

Author Topic: o/s/f door, adjustable?  (Read 4784 times)

Offline TOONARMY

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
o/s/f door, adjustable?
« on: February 28, 2010, 08:14:32 am »
Morning all

Well i picked up my 06 GTI yesterday and im happy with it. One small thing i did notice was there was some wind noise coming from the o/s/f door. So i had a look and found that the top of the door is slightly proud by a couple of mm. Is the door adjustable so that it can cure the wind nose, ive had a look around the door etc and there are no signs of any accident damage, so im assuming its just an adjustment required.

cheers
toon

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: o/s/f door, adjustable?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:31:46 am »
Yes it can be adjusted, is this the same car with the wonky boot ?

Offline TOONARMY

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 02:13:38 pm »
Yes it can be adjusted, is this the same car with the wonky boot ?

Yep mate thats the one. Im happy with the car, the boot has been adjusted and is not alot better. I have asked the question multiple times if the car has been in an accident and they said no until they were blue in the face lol. I did the checks for boot floor weld or overspray, checks the laser weld on the rear quater , checked the door shuts and found no evidence  of any kind of repair. I also checked the stickers and found them to be all original. The car being black does show up scratches, but im going to give the car a good polish and see what u can do, i do know some people who can also help me :happy2:. So the door car can be adjusted, i will get one of the lads at work to do it for me.

cheers
toon

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »
My car has never had accident but drivers door sits just a little proud   .
I have heard alot of three doors are the same

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »
My car has never had accident but drivers door sits just a little proud   .
I have heard alot of three doors are the same

My passenger door does as well. Its a 5 dr though.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:24:05 pm »
Ive had both front a back doors off completely and had them re-aligned but its still a fraction out at the top although I don't get any wind noise now.

Also my boot used to be out a mile, I managed to sort that myself by undoing the bolt under the headlining and pushing the boot forward then tightening the bolt back up, perfect now.

Darren

Offline TOONARMY

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 04:29:43 pm »
Ive had both front a back doors off completely and had them re-aligned but its still a fraction out at the top although I don't get any wind noise now.

Also my boot used to be out a mile, I managed to sort that myself by undoing the bolt under the headlining and pushing the boot forward then tightening the bolt back up, perfect now.

Darren

With regards to the boot mate, was it the boot was too high or too low, only reason i ask is that the light units on the n/s/r are a fraction out of line. Did you have the same problem?

toon

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 04:34:18 pm »
Is sorting a door out a vw job ??

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:04 pm »
Is sorting a door out a vw job ??

Not really but if its under warranty it best to leave them to it, you can adjust the door by moving the door jam thingy on the frame, but there is a knack to it, i suggest if you try and do it that you mark your current position with a pen

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:30 pm »

Darren

With regards to the boot mate, was it the boot was too high or too low, only reason i ask is that the light units on the n/s/r are a fraction out of line. Did you have the same problem?

toon

The gap on the passenger side of the boot was about 10mm and the rear lights didn't line up properly, all perfectly in line now and a small poss 3-4 mm gap on each side.

Darren

Offline TOONARMY

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 07:56:37 pm »

Darren

toon

The gap on the passenger side of the boot was about 10mm and the rear lights didn't line up properly, all perfectly in line now and a small poss 3-4 mm gap on each side.

Darren
How did u adjust the boot mate. Mine on the n/s is a couple of mm too high, so the lights do not line up perfect, but almost perfect. I only ask so i can get the guys to have a look at it. With regards to the door, it sounds like there are a few cars with the same issue. I will see if i can get the guys at work to look at that also

toon

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 09:06:45 pm »
There is 1 bolt per hinge below the hinges you need to take the rear upper trim off and the 2 c pillars then lower the head lining a bit,  this will give you access to the bolts.

Darren