Make a donation

Author Topic: Little bit MIFFED! with my first order...  (Read 4936 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Little bit MIFFED! with my first order...
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 09:18:31 pm »
I remember they said something last time about being better to phone them rather than email if you wanted to know about an order straight away.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 09:33:20 pm »
generalising, saying its better to phone rather than email is hypocritical business practice advice when you accept orders online via an internet based shop mr wolf

if somethings in stock then it should be, simple, else it shouldnt be advertised as so. ive bounced clients off the walls for less in my time trading and ended up moving to the competition for better results. Time can be money and often is. I have deadlines to hit daily as a graphic designer, if i couldnt achieve what i state when i state it then the knock on effect can be costly for the client and i lose them, and any chance of repeat business or referrals.

when goods are involved reputations take ages to build, but lost faster with posts like this one, he has every right to his opinion and quite rightly so as i would 100% feel the same, you cant slate him for it

in relation to AP personally though, i have ordered and always been satisfied 100% with them and would happily do so again, that said ive always called them to order and never used the website

all this said, ranting is fine... seriously, its good to get all perspectives, however only maybe when all attempts at communication have failed and no explaination or resolution gained

there could be a serious reason they have failed to meet the order, how bad would you feel if that was the case?

after my recent ill episode i was lucky my client base know and trust me and so sat and waited for me without complaint, but i also had a contingency plan in place should the need for me to leave the helm ever happen

but it is bad form though AP  :smiley:

Offline gonegolfing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:36 am »
Any comments from Taryn and Jim ?...

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:51 am »
generalising, saying its better to phone rather than email is hypocritical business practice advice when you accept orders online via an internet based shop mr wolf

if somethings in stock then it should be, simple, else it shouldnt be advertised as so. ive bounced clients off the walls for less in my time trading and ended up moving to the competition for better results. Time can be money and often is. I have deadlines to hit daily as a graphic designer, if i couldnt achieve what i state when i state it then the knock on effect can be costly for the client and i lose them, and any chance of repeat business or referrals.

when goods are involved reputations take ages to build, but lost faster with posts like this one, he has every right to his opinion and quite rightly so as i would 100% feel the same, you cant slate him for it

in relation to AP personally though, i have ordered and always been satisfied 100% with them and would happily do so again, that said ive always called them to order and never used the website

all this said, ranting is fine... seriously, its good to get all perspectives, however only maybe when all attempts at communication have failed and no explaination or resolution gained

there could be a serious reason they have failed to meet the order, how bad would you feel if that was the case?

after my recent ill episode i was lucky my client base know and trust me and so sat and waited for me without complaint, but i also had a contingency plan in place should the need for me to leave the helm ever happen

but it is bad form though AP  :smiley:

Hit the nail on the head there mate  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 09:18:06 pm »
For anyone thats interested, my order turned up on Tuesday as I suspected, and all looks good. Sadly not gonna be able to check it out for about a week due to work commitments.  :sad1:

But all looked ok anyway. :happy2:

Thanks for all your comments, and I also agree with Very Cherry - absolutely spot on!

If by any chance Taryn & Jim do read this thread I hope it's taken as a piece of constructive criticism and not just a pointless whinge, as I'm sure their heart is in the right place.

Oh, and I might make my next order over the phone!! :grin:

DSG, Xenon's, Monza II Shadows, Satnav, Leather, Highline, Armrest, K&N Typhoon Induction, REVO Stage 1....