Make a donation

Author Topic: Passenger doors won’t unlock - **Please Help**  (Read 1101 times)

Offline B33ma247

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Passenger doors won’t unlock - **Please Help**
« on: September 04, 2022, 01:45:14 pm »
Hey Guys and Gals,

I’m really struggling with this one. I purchased a 2005 Golf GTI FSI 2.0 the other day and am finally trying to sort this issue.

I don’t have a remote fob, just a basic buttonless key. When I unlock the drivers door, it will ONLY unlock the drivers door.

All passenger doors (including the boot lid), will stay locked. I have to use the handle from the inside to unlock them all. This includes the “unlock button” on the driver door card.

However, if I lock the door “using the door card button, or the key in the drivers door, it WILL lock everything.

This is where it gets a little crazy, I’m unable to lock anything before I present the key in the ignition first (almost like the car doesn’t know it’s actually been unlocked yet).

I also pulled 2x codes, however I’m not sure they’re totally relevant as this maybe the effect from this issue:

Code: 01713 Supply Voltage for Door ECU Rear Left (J388) Lower Limit Reached - Intermittent

Code: 01814 Supply Voltage for Door EU Rear Right (J389) Lower Limit Reached - Intermittent

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, that would be great. Thanks!

Offline blingsta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Passenger doors won’t unlock - **Please Help**
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 10:36:02 am »
sounds like the door module could need replacing?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 678
Re: Passenger doors won’t unlock - **Please Help**
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 03:07:17 pm »
Is that not standard behaviour?

By default....'lock' locks all the locks.  'Unlock' unlocks ONLY the driver's door unless coded out.

With the remote fob, you have to press unlock twice to open all 4 doors.  With a plain key, I imagine you would have to pulse the driver's lock barrel twice?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D