Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 rear bumper  (Read 1873 times)

Offline u01atc8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Edition 30 rear bumper
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:04:02 am »
Ok so im a bit lost ..  :confused:

I just got the BARGIN of the Century! or so i thought. I managed to get an edition 30 bumper for next to nothing.. just basically paying for shipping. But it needs a bit added onto it. But i phoned vw and asked how much the exhust deffuser would be..

Price and quoting... £386 + vat! insane! well they told me i have to buy the whole bumper again.

so can you guys have a look and tell me if i can get the bit i need? anywhere else and cheaper?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Edition 30 rear bumper
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:10:22 am »
That bumper part you have there is the top part. The upper on the edition 30 is no different to the one on a 54 Reg Golf SE.

Its the lower bit that VW prices that differentiates it from the other models. It is very expensive.

The Dealers you spoke to have either been a bit clumsy with the pricing, or a bit cheeky for charging extra. I didnt think they were allowed to inflate ETKA's (vw part system) pricing.

Anyhow, it should be £388.30 including VAT.

Your better off scanning ebay to see what you find!  :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:11:03 am »
btw...the part number is:

1k6 807 521 L - GRU

Offline u01atc8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:51 am »
See i have a standard tdi back bumper.. which has the rear bumper splitt in 2 parts. the upper which i have just bought ^^ and a solid grey ugly bumper bit on the bottom.

But for that new one i just bought do i not just need the infill bit? do i not just need this? but obviously for the edition 30 not the r32 version?

Offline Yellow

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:19:18 am »
See i have a standard tdi back bumper.. which has the rear bumper splitt in 2 parts. the upper which i have just bought ^^ and a solid grey ugly bumper bit on the bottom.

But for that new one i just bought do i not just need the infill bit? do i not just need this? but obviously for the edition 30 not the r32 version?

You're looking at it upside down mate  :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:43:14 am »
Yeh, you do know that the white bumper in the photo with the football is the upper part that is upside down?

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:02:01 pm »
The bit you need is the bit that everyone (non ed30 onwners)  would like....so you will be up against some stiff competition,....i was tracking one recently on the bay...even cracked in two places it went for £130 and would need refurbed and painted on top.

A lot of people give up on the idea when their eyes water at the costs...they "matt black" the insert bit (thats the bit around the exhausts...looks pretty good actually when you see it done.

:drinking:

Id still love one though....(but then I would also need a new zorst, as I have milly quads)....

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 05:47:40 pm »
There is one on ebay at the moment