Make a donation

Author Topic: Recently Tuned  (Read 2712 times)

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Recently Tuned
« on: May 30, 2010, 11:24:00 pm »
Hey everyone, I recently got tuned with revo stage 1 :)

First of all the guy told me my settings are;

Timing - 4
Boost - 7
Fuel - 9

That seemed a little surprising because we live in quite a hot place :) but maybe its normal! :D (United Arab Emirates)

My next issue is, when shifting under partial throttle (about 1/3) and it automatically shifts at 2.2-3k RPM i get a kinda jerk/delay in my shift, does anyone know what might cause this, it is right after the tune, and kinda annoying, i've driven about 1000km since and it got a little better, but is still there and annoying :)

Thanx for any help guys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Recently Tuned
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:35:12 pm »
Do you drive a manual or a DSG. If it is DSG then this happens to a few cars for some reason, i had it slightly on  stage one, something to do with the torque conversion i think. The good news is it went on stage 2 map.  :innocent:

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:08:44 pm »
Ohh ok :) so it is not only happening to me on stage 1? yeh im DSG :) some people told me to re calibrate my DSG (Reset to basic) that might help? is it worth a try?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 11:26:16 pm »
Ohh ok :) so it is not only happening to me on stage 1? yeh im DSG :) some people told me to re calibrate my DSG (Reset to basic) that might help? is it worth a try?

Yes cant do any harm to try. Its strange that it only happens on some cars, which points me in the direction of certain DSG boxes having the problem and not the map.

I would also keep using it in manual for a while and give it some beans for a while as the DSG learns your gear changing habits.

When i recently changed my steering wheel, we disconnected the battery. when i tried driving again the DSG was really troublesome to drive fast in D-mode. there were pauses and what felt like lag when changing up. 25 miles later of spirited driving and all was ok again.  :happy2:

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:31:19 pm »
Ill give that a go.. To be honest, as great as the DSG is, i kinda wish i had a 6 speed manuel.. i've already had my gear box replaced once, and the last thing i want is any more problems even though now its feeling good.. I feel the manuel is more reliable.. i think i'd start to miss the farts though :P

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:37:12 pm »
Ill give that a go.. To be honest, as great as the DSG is, i kinda wish i had a 6 speed manuel.. i've already had my gear box replaced once, and the last thing i want is any more problems even though now its feeling good.. I feel the manuel is more reliable.. i think i'd start to miss the farts though :P

Go and wash your mouth out.  :laugh:

I too have had the mech unit replaced, but apart from a large number leaving the factory with this fault the DSG is very strong and great for us lot who like to up the power.

DSG is the future.  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 11:39:36 pm »
manual for the winner :jumpmove:

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 12:14:52 am »
Replacing the mech unit didnt work for me :D it was a whole new tranny from germany :D im hoping everything is fine though :D

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »
My friend with the same year as me and everything got tuned at the same place also revo stage 1 yesterday.. it has the same problem, the jerky shift at like 2.5 k rpm

I can't explain it but it feels like the car is trying to build to much boost or something..

Anyone got any clues?

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 01:30:39 pm »
Hey guys, i just found out i have a TFSI engine, whats the difference between that and the american FSI? i always thought i had an FSI because thats what the engine cover says.. Im still trying to get this tune issue and jerky shifts at low rpm's fixed, did anyone here get an updated map for this issue?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 01:32:59 pm »
there are two FSI versions available.

the 2.0 FSI isnt available in the GTI.  This is a non turbo 2.0 petrol engine in th lower models.

the 2.0T FSI  is what is in the GTI, which is the 2.0FSi but with a turbo.  this is what you will have if you run a GTI. 

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 04:16:37 pm »
Guys i've been in contact with revo over the past couple of weeks, they are telling me that my jerky shifts at part throttle are normal? Anyone here with stage 1 experience jerky shifts when in D and the car is shifting at 2-3000 rpm, while boost is building?

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 05:15:57 pm »
Sorry to bump guys, but this is important :)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 09:27:11 pm »
Should be smooth.  :happy2:

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 12:28:51 am »
Hmm thats what i thought. But its not? and Revo is telling me its normal!