Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone Conference  (Read 5617 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: iPhone Conference
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 08:24:35 pm »
My Bt works fine.................

Updated to 4.0.  not bothered to go further.

Thats the answer, ill go buy a porsche instead :happy2: end of problem

Nope just buy a newer kit for the Mk6 as mine works fine too  :grin:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 10:12:56 pm »
Mark my words. The world will soon realise the bumper doesn't fix the antenna issue. Even with it on I get the following message.....

Great phone but big issues over reception. I'm deffo taking it back until it's fixed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:19:18 pm by no golf clubs at all »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »
Kinda glad I didn't do anything stupid like sell my iphone 3GS for a 4!  :grin:

TBH it's a crap 'fix' since it detracts from the iphone's appearance/design. Though I can't really say anything since I have Otterbox for my phone!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 09:21:04 am »
I've got a phone on order and I also intend to buy Apple Care.  Apple Care should be pretty good if you have problems and may well do swap outs if there is a 'fixed' version due out in September.

Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Ifti

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 11:08:58 am »
Im still waiting on the white - checking the Apple site every day so I can pre-order!
I have my bumper already, since i was going to be using one anyways.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 04:19:19 pm »
I think Apples response to the 'problem' is a load of bollox!! Oh yes the antenna design is crap so we'll give a free bit of crap rubber to go around the phone which renders any other type of case for it useless!!  :fighting: :fighting:

Shocking to put it mildly, I've just shelled out £500 for a flawed design which the makers are stating doesn't work properly!! Don't know how they can get away with it!  :angry015:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 04:26:55 pm »
As Apple have proved this happens with ANY smartphone. So I think it's a bit harsh to say there response is crap.

I linked the video to the conference in another thread where they show the same problem on a Blackberry, Samsung & HTC.

This whole thing in my opinion has been blown out of proportion by the Anti-Apple brigade. They have chosen to just highlight the iPhone as having the problem and neglecting other phones with the same problem.

Putting the bumper on reduces the problem - that's a scientific fact proven by Apple and a no. of other tech review magazines. So I actually think its pretty good of Apple to give everyone a free bumper at a estimated cost of $183m to them. You don't see that from Nokia, Samsung, Blackberry, HTC etc.

You don't have to use a bumper you can use any case that covers the area in question.  

Just my opinion of course.  :smiley:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 04:31:55 pm »
I think Apples response to the 'problem' is a load of bollox!! Oh yes the antenna design is crap so we'll give a free bit of crap rubber to go around the phone which renders any other type of case for it useless!!  :fighting: :fighting:

Shocking to put it mildly, I've just shelled out £500 for a flawed design which the makers are stating doesn't work properly!! Don't know how they can get away with it!  :angry015:

Are you taking it back ?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 04:41:50 pm »

Are you taking it back ?

I am tempted to be honest Shaun, but the only other phone I would consider would be the 3GS..................

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 06:12:16 pm »
I think, as I got mine at launch, it would be safer to take it back now then wait for a fix. It is an issue. Just don't go near the apple support forums and say so :-) they will abuse you like a purty boy in a ho down sauna.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 06:37:52 pm »
If it is such a bad problem then surely every smart phone maker should recall their phones aswell :confused:

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Apple fanboy. Yes I have a few products (iPhone, iPad, MBP etc) but that is because I find them to be better than most alternatives.

If someone can show me a Smartphone that doesn't have the problem and works as well as the iPhone does then I will consider changing no matter who makes it.

A lot of this has gone way out of proportion and in order to be fair people should now be attacking other smartphone makers to get them to fix there phones aswell  :smiley:

cameluk

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 06:53:31 pm »
My 3GS held in the death grip of my left hand doesn't cause me to lose the signal

I always hold my phones in my left hand

I tried a 4 in the Apple store yesterday, and there was more signal loss when holding it in the left hand rather than the right, especially if you shorted out both sides of the plastic gap

I think a bumber free or otherwise looks  :sick:, looks like clear tape may be my only option if I decide to upgrade from my 3GS  :sad1:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 07:01:22 pm »
I can't replicate the problem with my iPhone 4 though and that was before I put carbon fibre on it  :confused:

Apparently it's only prominent in weak signal areas but as I don't have a problem I can't complain :smiley:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »
I can't replicate the problem with my iPhone 4 though and that was before I put carbon fibre on it  :confused:

Apparently it's only prominent in weak signal areas but as I don't have a problem I can't complain :smiley:

me neither, i get far better signal than i did with my 3gs