Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust system warning light  (Read 22270 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Exhaust system warning light
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 11:46:31 am »
I only mentioned taking to an AA warranty garage is because I have a warranty.
Can you clarify - do you have a generic 'one size fits all' AA warranty (which would just use AA patrols and AA service centres), or an official VW warranty (which should use VW logod breakdown vans and VW workshops)?

If it is the first, then you would probably just be wasting your own time - as not even AA workshops (often at the rear of Halfrauds stores) don't have proper VW diagnostic equipment - and would probably tell you to take it to a main stealer anyway.

If you have an official VW warranty thingy, then you should get a better result.

I don't really want to pay for VW (or independent, dk of one around here anyhow) diagnostics if there are no ill signs now.  Nor do I want to bother a kindly forum member...

If it did illuminate a warning light on the dash, then it is highly likely to have 'stored' a fault code (DTC) - so even if all apears well at the moment, it would still be worthwhile getting the ECU scanned and logged.

I'm sure if you fluttered your eyelashes at a forum member with VCDS, they would happly scan it for you free of charge!  :evilgrin:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:00:09 pm »

I'm sure if you fluttered your eyelashes at a forum member with VCDS, they would happly scan it for you free of charge!  :evilgrin:

....But what if vickster is a Vick and not a girlie?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:01:44 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 01:06:53 pm »

I'm sure if you fluttered your eyelashes at a forum member with VCDS, they would happly scan it for you free of charge!  :evilgrin:

....But what if vickster is a Vick and not a girlie?

Then I'd stand with my back to the wall - and not do this  :booty:  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline vickster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 01:11:47 pm »

All rather confusing tbh (especially for a technically inept female like me). 
   :wink:

It is an AA warranty that came with the car from garage, not VW.  But it does cover pretty much everything :)

Once my day from hell is over, will PM 'Mo'  :)

Cheers all