Make a donation

Author Topic: iMac on finance? Anyone know about these?  (Read 4351 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
iMac on finance? Anyone know about these?
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:20:16 pm »
I was talking to a builder mate of mine who has just got a 27" iMac through this company below. He told me he pays £12 a week for 3 yrs, But, after 18mths he gets a brand new iMac and gets to keep his old one. He just pays for the new one for another 18mths at £12per week (completing the 3yrs).

Is this a good deal? Sounds to me like after 18mths he could sell the first iMac and get back at least what he has paid in finance therefore making it free :confused:

This is the website...just scroll down to the £12.70 deal  :wink:

http://www.hardsoftcomputers.co.uk/apple/imac/

I would be interested to hear your views  :smiley:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: iMac on finance? Anyone know about these?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:25:12 pm »
I cant tell you about the deal, but i have a 27" iMac and it is immense   :love:

The car equivalent would be a rolls royce.   :smiley: 

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:33:59 pm »
Funnily enough we got a mailer at work about the Mac Mini Server + 5 iMacs deal. We scratched our heads for a good while trying to work out what is in it for them. I just don't get it.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:38 pm »
Well I can see for instance the first one works out at (very roughly) £1500 for the 3 years which is probably about right with a bit of interest added. so what I don't get is how they effectively give you two for the money??

You would also need to be a business user.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:42:58 pm »
I know....Its crazy. It just sounds too good to be true.  :confused:

It says they have been established 15yrs, Apple approved dealers, and they have 7 branches nationwide. Has anyone here, heard of them before?

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:51:13 pm »
A friend of mine who has his own business told me he has ordered 4 imacs, so ill let you know more when  they turn up, looks to good to be true especially the 18 month bit

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:57:50 pm »
The margins for retailers on Apple products are minute, so it's not even like they're getting the kit cheap from Apple.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 10:53:15 pm »
if you look at the basic macbook pro, I reckon they can make there money back after 18 months with a small profit, and I bet the majority is made from the extras and by shipping large volumes they must be able to get the unit price down.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:10:49 pm »
A friend of mine who has his own business told me he has ordered 4 imacs, so ill let you know more when  they turn up, looks to good to be true especially the 18 month bit

Just an update after chatting to my mate, he has since cancelled his order as he says after the 18 months they will give you new Macs but when the 3 years is up you have to give the newest mac back to them so you only really get to keep the original one you had.
not such a good deal after all :fighting2:

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline sam

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Calibre Connections LLP
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 10:40:30 pm »
Theres always a "catch" so to speak. Maybe an apple finance plan would be better? :happy2:

Why are they going to give you something for nothing.....

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 10:42:08 am »
They charge £9.20 + Vat for the Apple iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz.

156 weeks so 156 x £9.20 = £1435 + Vat making a total of £1686.36 against a purchase price of £1138 Inc but for 4GB RAM not 6GB so i guess you could round that to £1200.  That's a cost to borrow of £532.19 for the term including the option to purchase (£39 + Vat).  

Assuming you are Vat registered this would fall to £452.93 for the term.  It would probably also be tax deductible as office equipment.

I think your friend may have misunderstood the upgrade option.  From what I can see they will, in 18 months, contact you and offer to upgrade your equipment.  Assuming you do then the original equipment is yours to keep and you then commence a new agreement for a further 36 months on the new equipment.  There appears to be a sliding scale on the amount and value of the upgrade available.

http://www.hardsoftcomputers.co.uk/leasing.htm

http://www.hardsoftcomputers.co.uk/flexi.htm

Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 12:47:31 pm »
You maybe able to write of those payments after 3 years saying the pcs are fecked, take out another 3 year plan. From a tax point.