Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R........  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Golf R........
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 04:05:44 pm »
I certainly much prefer the styling of the Golf R to the Mk6 GTI.
And i thought you had taste Robin :wink: :P :laugh: :grin:

The rear of  StevePs compared to the white one, no contest imo. Only my opinion of cause. :smiley:
The R's rearend just does not work for me. The front is too plain, too SE looking, and imo should have had a GTI type upper grill with a blue grill surround at least. The sides i do like the alloys but the side skirts look the same as the bluemotions.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:50:00 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 04:23:38 pm »
i have to say  i love the golf r, yeah it costs alot but golfs always do, a decent spec meg is 26 ish, its much faster than any golf before it and looks like a golf should, subtle and well built.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 07:16:04 pm »
^^^^
@ Snoopy:

That pic you posted shows SteveP's modded Mk6 GTI and I think his looks very good indeed though I'm not a fan of any of the Mk6 GTI fronts - Just my opinion/taste.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 08:42:29 pm »
Still a lot of dough for a Golf...  :sad1:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »
^^^^
@ Snoopy:

That pic you posted shows SteveP's modded Mk6 GTI and I think his looks very good indeed though I'm not a fan of any of the Mk6 GTI fronts - Just my opinion/taste.
Big exhaust and R lights both mods i like myself but nothing radical. At the rear compared to the GTI (which now has leds standard just lighter colour than the R ones or steves) The R looks plain to me and too flat below the rear light side on especially without the reflectors in the bumper and without that creese in the bumper that to me make the GTI look wider. The R exhausts too me make the R look far more narrow and taller and the shiny plastic defuser is not to my taste.
The front of the GTI to me again makes it look wider due to the lines on the grill and the lower grill. As you may remember from about 2 years ago i really liked the R bumper than and still do, but i can see were the designers were now coming from using the one they did on the GTI it makes it look wider.
At least when the mk5 R32 first came out its front end stood out i think the R needs a blue grill surround or something to help it stand out more. I just feel its missing some stand out identity at the front.
Just my view on the looks.

Back on topic. The sound.
I often see and hear a Black golf R coming the other way from a set of lights on my commute home while im sitting in the traffic in the centre of town. It does sound quite nice for a 4pot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:24:54 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.