Make a donation

Author Topic: Piano Tuition  (Read 874 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Piano Tuition
« on: October 01, 2010, 05:10:47 pm »
Right a bit geeky i know but here goes. (We all have our closet to come out from  :laugh:)

I have a talent (well i consider it to be one) where i can teach myself to play a tune on my Keyboard just by listening to it. Usually within an hour or so.

I can read music but only notes and then i have to write them next to the symbol which kind of defeats the object. But i can't read and play at the same time. I also don't understand what the timings are just by looking at them. I have to teach myself the timing by knowing the music im trying to play and practicing till it sounds right.

So what i'm after is if anyone knows of any good computer programmes (ideally for Mac but not overly fussed) that will teach you how to play and read music at the same time. Or alternatively any books.

I have done all the lessons in Garage Band on the Mac and also done a couple of the Artists lessons.

I'm a very quick learner when it's something that interests me. My aim is to be able to just pick up a piece of sheet music and play it.

All help appreciated :happy2: