Make a donation

Author Topic: Polishing marks off Monza II's  (Read 1763 times)

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
Polishing marks off Monza II's
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:19:02 pm »
Hey folks

Had a new set of tyres fitted on Sat and the bloomin monkey that fitted them was kind enough to leave scratches all over the surface :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

They arent deep marks just light scratches from where the metal pull bar he was using was slid along the surface.

Is it possible to use a light polish on the Monza 2 polished surface?

Yes the company that fitted the tyres were made aware of the scratches and they have offered to get them repaired but to be honest i would rather get them done myself as i would know they would be done right I will then send the company a bill for my time :evilgrin:

I will try and get some pics up tomorrow

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Polishing marks off Monza II's
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:23:46 pm »
they will be lacquered like any other painted surface, so from that standpoint, treat it like your paintwork ben ;) how are the brakes? any pics?

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:39:56 pm »
Cheers dude

Thought they would have a coating of some sort so ill break open the polish tomorrow  :happy2:

Brakes are flipping awsome mate cheers :happy2: i gave a few of my mates a go of my car and all of them have commented on how good they are not one of them would believe they are just standard R32 brakes and they do look awsome. Just need to get the rears painted white now :star:

What pads are in them?

No pics as of yet but i have a few items on the way to me so once i get them all fitted ill get it booked in to TI22 then get some pics sorted.

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:03:34 pm »
same happened to my wheels a while ago mate and i just gave them a light polish and they came back up great :happy2:
Still Here!

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »
Cheers dude

Thought they would have a coating of some sort so ill break open the polish tomorrow  :happy2:

Brakes are flipping awsome mate cheers :happy2: i gave a few of my mates a go of my car and all of them have commented on how good they are not one of them would believe they are just standard R32 brakes and they do look awsome. Just need to get the rears painted white now :star:

What pads are in them?

No pics as of yet but i have a few items on the way to me so once i get them all fitted ill get it booked in to TI22 then get some pics sorted.

Ben

Ah say hi to james for me! ill be seeing him on thursday ;)

The pads are ferodo DS2500s. they cost £150 alone ;)

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:21:25 pm »
I've got a polisher here if you need a borrow  :wink:
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)