Make a donation

Author Topic: Revised Stg 1 map due to top end misfire - valve spring float  (Read 1716 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Revised Stg 1 map due to top end misfire - valve spring float
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »
Hi Guys, does anyone know of anyone who has had to have the revised map from Revo on a Ko4 (maybe on another vag site?) who i could speak to as looks like i will be having a slightly less aggressive map to skirt round the above problem.

Ta
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Revised Stg 1 map due to top end misfire - valve spring float
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:53:53 pm »
Running this on the pirelli, what you want to know, main difference is peak power is a around 6,300, car still made 300bhp on it and healthy torque figures, recently tweaked BTF settings

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:14:30 pm »
Running this on the pirelli, what you want to know, main difference is peak power is a around 6,300, car still made 300bhp on it and healthy torque figures, recently tweaked BTF settings

Hi wigit, right so basically the rev limit is not extended as far as peak power kicks in a bit earlier and therefore the misfire does not occur? I had this new map put on on sat, but not really had chance to drive it other than in town traffic so far. Did you need to tweak the settings due tot he revised map - if so what are you running out of interest ( i know every car is different)
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:36 pm »
revo borrowed the car for a week to review the map in 2009 as it was consitently there so they could log it, it was also logged after its first service and tweaked (car was not running optimum settings as swmbo had run it on 95) its currently running B6 T5 F9 on 97  :happy2: