Make a donation

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2520 times)

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
Is it just me?
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:11:22 pm »
I've had my GTI for about 2 years now and have to say its been a fabulous car and continue to enjoy "just going for a drive".  :smiley: The thing is sometimes I'll go for a blast and it seems absolutely on fire I'm Stage 1 at mo but same applied to stock but sometimes it seems a bit down on power for no apparent reason. Is it anything to do with how the engine works. Remember reading in one of the VW engine pdf's that it runs in "Stratified mode" or similar a certain percentage of time. Please let us know your thoughts.

Black GTI K03 Revo Stage 2+,

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:43 pm »
i get the same feeling sometimes fella but i put it down to getting used to the power,  my car always feels great after a few hours driving the works Volvo (2.4 140hp) 
Still Here!

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »
Is your car a dsg model?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:35:43 pm »
No its manual. Its not really anything I can put my finger on. I'm sure its not a fault cos its still quick and sounds fine. I'm pretty handy with the tools so keep everything as i should be. Latest Dump Valve etc etc. It's hard to explain but it definately happens. Even two days in a row with similar weather conditions etc.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:40:19 pm »
Is your car a dsg model?

Is this a problem synominous with dsg?

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:30:58 pm »
I used to get that, one day would feel not 'off' as such, just not as quick, then others, it'd feel like it was on fire! wouldn't worry
Candy

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:39:25 pm »
I'm not worried just curious as to possible causes and if others have noticed anything similar. I've been pondering this for sometime but it does happen fairly regulary. I guess some data logging might shed some light but would have to be over a period of time as it doesn't seem to be that predictable.

Offline mattypgolf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:07:14 am »
i get the same, but i have with all my cars!
TR dsg, stage 1 r-tec map, bbs ch in gloss black, black roof and badges, colour coded, neuspeed hybrid intake, cat back exhaust..

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:33 am »
Does your driving style change much? The ECU adapts to your driving so if you tend to do lots of slow/gentler driving, those times when you put your foot down it'll be a bit slower. However, after a session of blasting, the next time it'll be much more aggressive unless you start pootling around again.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 08:46:57 am »
yeah for us who sit in traffic all the time thats a real ass

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:09 am »
Does your driving style change much? The ECU adapts to your driving so if you tend to do lots of slow/gentler driving, those times when you put your foot down it'll be a bit slower. However, after a session of blasting, the next time it'll be much more aggressive unless you start pootling around again.

thats what i thought id read before- my car def feels sluggish on days but i dont do that much daily driving to b fair-altho by the end of a sunday she feels back to mental again...esp with the newDP :evilgrin:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 09:19:29 am »

thats what i thought id read before- my car def feels sluggish on days but i dont do that much daily driving to b fair-altho by the end of a sunday she feels back to mental again...esp with the newDP :evilgrin:
matsu

You got it working now then?!
Hope that has made you feel a bit more confident in the car as you haven't been having much luck recently with it/

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 09:25:06 am »
thanks mate
im still on a downer with it so no work for a few months at least-but it sounds immense!...worried now its too loud lol  :jumpmove:
but the car def feels quicker-distinclty so- but as with this thread topic -i,m not sure that its just me- suppose i should get her on the rollers at some stage!!

sorry op- thread distraction.......

matsu

keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"