Make a donation

Author Topic: Unbelievable money market.  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Unbelievable money market.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 07:49:49 am »
Something strange there top cat. I took this M&S offer for my eddy just over two months ago and got the stated APR with 3 months delay of payment. I also changed my mortgage last year so I dont understand that  :confused:  Could it be your house value to mortgage percentage?
300hp Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 08:38:18 am »
Credit and Banks its a joke , I have no loans , no mortgage no finance , I was pesuaded to have a Laura Ashley store card because i gave you 25% off all purchases that day so I thought get the card and the discount on the goods then next month cancel the card , simples

card application was declined as i have either poor or no credit history and if id like to pay some agency they will offer to help resolve it , These financial boys are something else ..

Keep looking TC you will find what you are looking for have you tried sites like money supermarket etc they quite often have pointers and can save a load off time searching through 1000s off rates for you

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 08:48:58 am »
Holy sh*t it sounds sh*te out there!

Makes my 2.68 percent on my car seem a bargain. Shame I'll be selling soon! Next time round I'll probably be put off by te stupid rates

h4rdy

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 09:42:09 am »
I went to Money Supermarket.com and tesco was the cheapest with a nice deferment for 3 months.

Easy peasy.

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 09:45:17 am »
Is the rate they quote you online with moneysupermarket the actual one you get the loan with?
Or is it hiked like the banks do after you have applied?

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

h4rdy

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 09:50:26 am »
No it was exactly as stated mate.

I was quite pleased as everyone was saying I wouldn't get a loan in the current climate but never had a problem before so it flew through.

Give it a go, it worked for me.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 11:52:55 am »
Yeah, if you don't use a credit card and use only a debit card (spend what you have!) then you're regarded as a risk as well for not having built up an adequate history.

...at this rate you're more likely to get a better (and more honest!) deal from the mafia...

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:24 pm »
Scooba, have a look at experian or credit expert. There should be an introductory offer so cheap but remember to cancel.

When I took out a loan (and subsequently cancelled) my rating was 999 but fell to 600 because I'd missed two credit card payments (a bit slow in getting round to transferring funds). Since then, I've set up a direct debit to pay the minimum payment and within six months it was back up to 999. This is despite me having PCP on the car.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 02:50:17 pm »
Is that 999 out of 1000 ? Im guessing the higher the rating the better it is?
Never really thought about my credit rating before!  :scared:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=oql6c84m30kb0vumjem6q32m5s&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:23 pm »
Yeah, if you don't use a credit card and use only a debit card (spend what you have!) then you're regarded as a risk as well for not having built up an adequate history.

...at this rate you're more likely to get a better (and more honest!) deal from the mafia...

Ive only just found this out due to looking into getting a mortgage. Im now using my card once every 1-2 weeks to build it up a bit!  :happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 03:31:00 pm »
It is strange, to get a good credit rating you really have to be bad - I hate using credit cards but have to every now and again - as long as you pay them off !!

I've only ever had a couple of credit cards max, tend to use one at time.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 04:01:21 pm »
Is that 999 out of 1000 ? Im guessing the higher the rating the better it is?
No. It's out of 999!  :grin:

Companies have wised up to people who have credit cards but pay them off in full. It generates no cash for them. It's better to make minimum payments and "owe" a little bit now and then.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 07:20:10 pm »

Ive heard First Direct are pretty good anybody got any experience.....

I moved recenty - £100 for opening an account and another £100 if you don't like it.  Can't go wrong.

Also if you are recommended by an account holder the recommender gets a treat I think  :evilgrin: :innocent: :wink:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available