Make a donation

Author Topic: Well I'm finally getting an iphone......any tips or advice for a complete newb?  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Also If I connect my iphone to my home broadband do I just leave it connected all the time?

Sorry, I'm a bit  :stupid:  but I'm learning   :innocent:

Once youve connected it will auto reconnect when you step in the house.  Get the email chime every time I step in the door lol.

Ifti

When you connect the iphone to ANY wireless point, it will remember them - so as soon as you are within range it will automatically switch to the wireless point instead of 3G.

For example, as I pull into my drive when I get home, my phone switches over to my wireless in the house automatically.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Thank you all again. I can't believe just how good these things are.
Why did I wait so long?

Even Skype is so good. I made a video call to Italy and it was so clear. :pomppomp:

Only thing I need to do now is upgrade my BT phone prep in the car, cos the premium version I bought isn't compatible. :sad1:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Thank you all again. I can't believe just how good these things are.
Why did I wait so long?

Even Skype is so good. I made a video call to Italy and it was so clear. :pomppomp:

Only thing I need to do now is upgrade my BT phone prep in the car, cos the premium version I bought isn't compatible. :sad1:

Im lost without mine  :sad1:  5 is out soon though, just in time for Tfsi Mike Juniors birth so not doubt I'll have to sell my nan to get one  :signLOL:

Offline Billbo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Anti glare screen protectors make the Iphone 4 screen look sh1t IMO.
I have the SGP Steinheil Ultra CRYSTAL Screen Protector on mine and it's as close as you can get to the look and feel of the screen its self. I forget its there most of the time.

I agree with vRS Carl about the Incase Snapcase. I tried the Belkin eqivalent first and it was garbage!

Cheers

Offline Billbo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
As far as jailbreaking goes, I've never had a single problem over the years. I even managed to do a full restore using itunes after my old 3GS screen stopped working, no probs. I'm posting this using my iphone tethered to my laptop which would normaly cost an extra £15ish per month  :happy2: