Make a donation

Author Topic: do revo make a stage 1 ecu map specifically for dsg  (Read 5660 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
Re: do revo make a stage 1 ecu map specifically for dsg
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »
Not yet mate, I am thinking of swinging by your place a week on saturday to get a full log of all the various paramters which maybe be affecting the output... plus it would be good to get a new read out now that I am on Revo, with the plugs and coil packs replaced.... all new since I visited you with my GIAC map on
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »

I've just spoken to REVO HQ and apparently there aren't 2 different files for the Manual and DSG variations, the file is one and the same, but the tuner configures the file at the time of upload.

....Really?  :surprised:

The two different files relate to DSG for K03 and K04 cars.

Also, how can you remap a Manual gearbox?

The best guy to speak to at Revo HQ is Kevin.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 05:31:25 pm »
Sorry to be more clear, the ECU maps are not specific to DSG or Manual.... there is only 1 map ECU map which then 'configured' for DSG or Manual when installed
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 06:02:30 pm »
Still not strictly correct. Revo installers have no option to select to configure a DSG equipped car differently to a manual car.

The installer will get the ID of your engine ECU (which is transmission specific) and flash on the Revo verion of that software. The correct software will be correct for the transmission type fitted on tne car.

The only settings that will be altered are the boost, fuelling and ignition advance and these parameters are not specific to a paticular transmission type.

The problem is an underlying one that was already present on the car with the Giac software and now shows up on the Revo software. Datalogging will likely show up the issue and help diagnose it. I had the exact same issue with an Audi TTS recently, we logged loads of data with it on the dyno and sat down to look at it all, turned out the timing belt was incorrectly fitted.     

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 06:20:30 pm »
Still not strictly correct. Revo installers have no option to select to configure a DSG equipped car differently to a manual car.

The installer will get the ID of your engine ECU (which is transmission specific) and flash on the Revo verion of that software. The correct software will be correct for the transmission type fitted on tne car.

The only settings that will be altered are the boost, fuelling and ignition advance and these parameters are not specific to a paticular transmission type.

The problem is an underlying one that was already present on the car with the Giac software and now shows up on the Revo software. Datalogging will likely show up the issue and help diagnose it. I had the exact same issue with an Audi TTS recently, we logged loads of data with it on the dyno and sat down to look at it all, turned out the timing belt was incorrectly fitted.

....Yes but what about K03 and K04 differences? I pre-release tested Revo's DSG K03 map for many months and they were adament there was a difference. Or did they only mean that the DSG box results are different on the two turbo types?

The DSG remap is different from the ECU remap as I understand it - They are independent.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 07:28:38 pm »
Robin, I read your post above many times  but still cant work out what you are asking  :stupid:

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 07:39:31 pm »
That's great news about the tts, I'll give you a bell tomorrow to get some data logging booked in next Saturday
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56:04 pm »
Chris, no Saturday bookings available for the next 2-3 weeks, things are hectic here at present.

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »
Oh well I'll just get booked in when you have some spare time on a Saturday and  we're both  free, unless you do any evenings during the week
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »

....Yes but what about K03 and K04 differences? I pre-release tested Revo's DSG K03 map for many months and they were adament there was a difference. Or did they only mean that the DSG box results are different on the two turbo types?

The DSG remap is different from the ECU remap as I understand it - They are independent.

Robin, I read your post above many times  but still cant work out what you are asking  :stupid:

....Revo offer Stage 1 DSG software and also Stage 2 DSG software:  http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=volkswagen#dsg <--- See bottom of the page.

As I said, I pre-released Stage 1 DSG for Revo for many months and there were and still are two stages: Stage 1 for K03 cars and Stage 2 for K04. You appeared to be suggesting that there is only one map and that it 'sorts itself out' according to the transmission of the car it's applied to. This seems to contradict what I understand and hence my question.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 09:08:51 pm »
Robin, you can have either stage 1 or 2 DSG software on either 200ps or 230ps GTIs.  It's not specific.

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »
I think there is a lot of confusion here, my post was never about the map for the gear box, it was whether or not the ecu map was specific to the type of gear box on the car
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »

I think there is a lot of confusion here, my post was never about the map for the gear box, it was whether or not the ecu map was specific to the type of gear box on the car

....Very simple one-word answer: No.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:15 pm »

Robin, you can have either stage 1 or 2 DSG software on either 200ps or 230ps GTIs.  It's not specific.

....Well, it most definitely used to be! As I said, it was K03/K04 specific. Perhaps that was while it was under development.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »
I dont understand how you can be questioning all this lack of power chris, when you still havent even had it on a RR to see if it has lack of power or not?
If you want your car datalogging I've offered to help in the past, only takes 10 mins of my time if you want to drive down the road and see how its performing.  I live about 15mins from the tunnel.
I'm running a stage 1 map at the minute with stock everything else, a simple side by side run will see how it copes, and by my MAF figures, my car must only be running 270-290bhp, which is a fair comparison if your car is underpowered?