Make a donation

Author Topic: Xenon wobble  (Read 1191 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Xenon wobble
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:44 pm »
Right well I've got vagcom from a friend for a few days and I've managed to reset the height of my lights now and when I start the car they both dip up and down as they should so that's all good. No error codes either.

But the n/s light has a definite wobble which is pretty off putting. Even on the motorway you can see it vibrating in the reflection from road signs.

Anyone else had this experience?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline vwdubster77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Xenon wobble
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:25:01 am »
I have the same issue, on thread:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35177.0.html

Not got it resolved yet, dealer says all appears to fine!  :stupid:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Xenon wobble
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:12 am »
Sorry I forgot to update this. I removed the bumper and found a broken bracket. It wasn't directly connected to the lamp housing but it was connected to another bracket that the lamp housing connected too. Anyway the fact it was broken meant the lamp housing wasn't as stable as the drivers side and I think the vibration that was causing was making the xenon unit in the housing vibrate a bit too much.

I've replaced the broken part and although there is still a slight wobble... It now seems pretty much cured. I've slammed the bonnet a few times and both the n/s and o/s lights seem to wobble the same amount now.

Another thing you might want to check is inside the lamp housing. Either remove it from the car or use a mirror to see in side to see if all the adjuster balls are clicked into their little sockets.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO