Make a donation

Author Topic: What would you do...  (Read 1446 times)

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
What would you do...
« on: November 26, 2011, 02:19:04 pm »
I recently bought an iphone from a forum member and have still not recieved it! Bearing in mind I payed for it via bank transfer on nov 7th. I have sent numerous pm's asking for the tracking number (he said he would send it special delivery) and have never been given one? The last pm I got from him was nov20th saying "of course its been f**king sent"
I know the guy has been on here everyday since his last pm because I have been checking last active. I feel as if ive been mugged off and lost alot of money! What would you do please?
Cheers
Dan

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: What would you do...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 02:22:51 pm »
If it was me id give it another couple of days and if nothing arrives by say monday send a pm asking him to refund you, was it your or his idea to do a bank transfer? i know paypal fees are large but they do give you a little protection against this, it could very well be lost in the post  :innocent:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 02:25:18 pm »
how many posts do they have?

have they sold before on here?

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:25 pm »
If it was me id give it another couple of days and if nothing arrives by say monday send a pm asking him to refund you, was it your or his idea to do a bank transfer? i know paypal fees are large but they do give you a little protection against this, it could very well be lost in the post  :innocent:

I have asked him for a refund but no reply, he has never given me a tracking number which originally he said he would! It was his idea to do a bank transfer so I have his details! I dont believe he has sent the item! Like i said, he visits this forum everyday so he has definately seen my pm's!   :confused:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 02:30:24 pm »
how many posts do they have?

have they sold before on here?

He has 60ish posts and as far as i believe has sold on here before!

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 02:31:24 pm »
Having his bank details wont do you much good tbh, could always pay him a visit if he doesnt reply to you
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 02:31:36 pm »
where in the uk is he?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:35:15 pm »
Well it's quite simple really. If he sent it on the 7th it should be with you by now. So he needs to prove to you that he sent it. If he cant then the money should be transferred back to you immediately. If he doesn't do this then i would ring the police. I believe you can still claim the money back even if it was bank transfer. And you dont need to name and shame him because if he doesn't do any of the above he will be banned immediately.  :happy2:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 02:53:05 pm »
Well it's quite simple really. If he sent it on the 7th it should be with you by now. So he needs to prove to you that he sent it. If he cant then the money should be transferred back to you immediately. If he doesn't do this then i would ring the police. I believe you can still claim the money back even if it was bank transfer. And you dont need to name and shame him because if he doesn't do any of the above he will be banned immediately.  :happy2:

Thanks for your reply TC. problem shared, problem halved and all that! If i dont get a pm reply by monday which i doubt I will then action will be taken.
Thanks again

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 05:20:20 pm »
If it was me id give it another couple of days and if nothing arrives by say monday

I doubt anything gets delivered Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday. It's been more than enough time.

I've dealt with forum members here and if they've sent me something, they PM to tell me so and provide a tracking number if send registered/recorded/courier. I'd always be remain cautious with anyone who isn't here a lot - more likely to be a scammer.

Hope you get it sorted. I'd be considering reporting the issue to the mods for their assistance (even if all they do is ban him/her), though there's not a lot beyond that that they could do. Which is why you need to think carefully about buying from anyone on the forums. It's a bit like buying from a random stranger off the street at times.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »
Nightmare !!

I had a simelar problem a few years back reguarding a set of expensive brakes for my M3, anyway the guy got my money and then decided to ignore my emails and phone calls......................anyway the only info i had on the guy was a first name and a mobile phone number ! so not much to go on for tracking him.
I ended up spending a full week on the internet trying to find out any information on the guy, and eventually i got a lead which i traced and it ended up being this guys dad !! (who has his own business), so from there i traced him to his current address, google mapped his house - very nice place with a CSL in the drive.
(I live 500 miles away from him in Scotland), anyway since he was rejecting all my calls i texted him during the day saying i have drove all the way down from Scotland, and was waiting outside his house (gave him his address which he never gave me ) and told him im waiting for another 2 hours outside his green front door to collect my money or brakes, and that id return in a week if i didnt manage to catch him in, to collect the money or items to the value of that from his place, anyway within 2 days the money was back in my account RESULT .................I never buy of people unless i can see posts where they have sold bits before and the buyer hasd been happy - Piston heads never again !!
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN