Make a donation

Author Topic: t cut black and polishing machine  (Read 1263 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
t cut black and polishing machine
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:57 pm »
Thought i would put this one to the experts on the forum with regards to detailing.

Can i apply t cut black to my car using my polishing machine? And then sealing it with a wax? I have the t cut as black, autoglym polish and wax. i want to remove the swirl marks and the occasional light scratch.

Any advice welcome , i am learning with regards to polishing and machine use so would appreciate kind advice as you have to learn and start somewhere. my idea would to be apply and remove t cut.black with machine, polish with hand and wax with machine, i have 4 wool pads and 4 application pads.

Thanks in advance

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: t cut black and polishing machine
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:52:58 am »
Ok read more and googled like no.tommuro and decided its not clever to use t cut with a polishing machine.

Would it be right to t cut by hand and then use autoglym polish with the machine followed up with a coat of wax apolied by hand and taken off with machine?

Thanks

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: t cut black and polishing machine
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:29:44 am »
If you have the Auto Glymm Super Resin Polish I would just miss out the T-Cut and apply the SRP via machine. It's apparently mildly abrasive and has fillers, both of which will help remove/disguise the swirling.
Depending on how bad the swirls are I'd be tempted to buy a quality polish like Menzerna or Maguires etc and use that by machine. Especially if you already have the machine to do the work.