Make a donation

Author Topic: Recently serviced and need some help!  (Read 959 times)

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
Recently serviced and need some help!
« on: April 15, 2012, 01:51:09 pm »
Hi guys i recently had my car serviced at Awesome GTI and they gave me some advisories which included front bushes neede replacing parts and labout would be £330 and that my cv boot has split and the charge would be £180. How urgent are these repairs and what do you think about the prices? I am all new to this so would appreciate the help! :)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Recently serviced and need some help!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »
The CV boot is probably more urgent.  Leave it too long and dirt etc will get into the CV joint making it a more expensive repair.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline B1NCC 1.8T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:38 am »
As above get the C.V boot replaced soon as possible, dirt/ water getting into the joint will wreck it in no time (depending how bad its split) then it's a really expensive bill to change the joint
Depends how bad the wishbone bushes are really, mk5s are terrible for splitting the rear bush but cause no harm
Once they are badly worn they can cause bad tyre wear and obviously bad handling.

20vt mk2 & GTI Edition30 no 0540

Offline Ashley g

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Durward's Autoshop
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:52:41 pm »
£180 to do a CV boot!!!!!!!!  :surprised:
2007 Edition 30, build number 30 - APR Stealth TBE - APR HPFP- APR stage 2 remap - Custom CAI - KW Clubsports - 10mm spacers on rear - VW Motorsport LSD, clutch & quick shift - A few poly bushes here and there!

*SOLD AND I MISS IT!! ANYONE SELLING A NICE ED30 PM ME* - UPDATE - I HAVE IT BACK!!!