Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking Fine.....  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Parking Fine.....
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 04:54:03 pm »
I'm a blue badge holder and there's a lot of places your not allowed to park on and even certain types of double yellow lines are not permitted for blue badge holders. Many people do abuse them as people have said above but what annoys me is I'm 24 and some people's eyes I look young, fit & healthy upon first looking at me and I have had various instances where I have had an argument in the middle of a parking area because people think I shouldn't be parked there. I can walk ok to a certain extent and have no visible injury but I have a prosthetic leg after an injury at work and I have to open my door fully so I can get my leg out of the car, in normal spaces this is very difficult and sometimes impossible. I agree you shouldn't have parked in the disabled bay but if you knew you was going to be 5 minutes and there was no regular spaces left but 20 disabled bays empty then I wouldn't have a problem as you have tried to find an empty regular space and I doubt 20 blue badge holders would suddenly turn up in that 5 mins.

I thought they have to wait 5 mins before being allowed to issue the ticket. So either he was watching you from the start or you had been a bit longer than you'd hoped for.

Saying all that though, I'd probably still try to refuse paying it as the fine probably won't go towards building another car park so more spaces could be made available which I think that's what should happen to parking fines

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 10:19:58 am »
This site has some useful info.
http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/private.htm  :innocent:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:20:29 am by Horatio »
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 10:30:41 am »
@ Sonic:

Young dude driving/parking a Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa with blue badges! That would be funny!  :laugh: Good on ya!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saintsteve

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 11:55:33 am »
If its a private firm, ditch every warning letter, do not respond to any letters threatening court summons, they will give up trying to trace your address.

I had the same, photo of my car landed on the mat for parking and leaving parking area and leaving site to visit Toys R us next door. Bill went from £60 up to maximum £300 , then as time went on, ( months) different bailiff letters from different company's as each one had passed the case on as I'd not responded, the bill started getting cheaper to tempt me to respond lol.

They gave up after about 8 letters and now that was 2 years ago...

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
I don't have the Maserati yet RR, still trying to get the mrs persuaded but she won't change her mind until the S4 Cab & VXR8 get sold on. So that's what I'm doing haha

It is funny though when parking wardens come power walking over to me with a big fat grin on the face and then carry on walking past me when I stick the badge on the dash lol