Make a donation

Author Topic: Error code P0601 on Diagnostics UPDATE!!!!!!!!  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Vdub13799

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Error code P0601 on Diagnostics UPDATE!!!!!!!!
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:23:30 pm »
Hi everyone!!

Engine management light came on the other day so put it on the father in laws diagnostic machine and it come up with "P0601 Internal control module memory check error"

Now have done all the research and have used the search function which was very helpful but its all dated a while back. It seems quite a common fault and hopefully all that is required is a software update. The car is a 2006 completely standard gti and is running perfect. Checked with VW and the car has never had any software updates.

My question is has anyone had this problem recently and can they shed a bit of light on the outcome? Did you have to pay aswell?

Much appreciated  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:02:58 pm by Vdub13799 »

Offline Vdub13799

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Error code P0601 on Diagnostics UPDATE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:09:03 pm »
Hi all! I know I didn't get any feed back for this topic but thought I should still update the results so people can get an idea of what it might be. After doing research and finding out that most people that had this fault all they did was took it to VW and had the ecu software updated. I can report that was precisely what was needed!! £65 job done. When I first had the engine management light come on I though oh s**t this is gonna cost me!!! Fortunately it didn't!  :laugh:

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:16:25 pm »
Glad it was not a big fault..

:happy2: for updating what the solution was aswell!

- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:07 pm »
Hi all! I know I didn't get any feed back for this topic but thought I should still update the results so people can get an idea of what it might be. After doing research and finding out that most people that had this fault all they did was took it to VW and had the ecu software updated. I can report that was precisely what was needed!! £65 job done. When I first had the engine management light come on I though oh s**t this is gonna cost me!!! Fortunately it didn't!  :laugh:

Glad you sorted it, knew it wasnt anything major  :happy2: