Make a donation

Author Topic: Smoked Headlights  (Read 8132 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Smoked Headlights
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 11:25:58 am »
No such warning about 'subtle tine' LaminX

http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/shop/subtletint.htm

EDIT

The law/Mot hand book within the UK states that front primary lighting must produce a White or Yellow light. There is no documentation about the colour of the actual lens.

Our Clear/SubtleTint/GunSmoke/OpticBlue light protection films all produce a legal natural light colour, and our Yellow produces a Yellow tinted light which is of course perfectly legal within the UK.

None of our light protection films change/adjust the beam pattern. Our GunSmoke light protection film can reduce light output in some cases.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:28:30 am by Tfsi_Mike »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 11:35:07 am »
^^^^
Fur emuff.

It's useful for folks reading this to be informed but personally I wouldn't want to tint my lights in any way at all just for cosmetic reasons.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Aaroncupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59:45 am »
^^^^
Here's a reply you won't like so much:

Xenons get hot don't they? Won't this affect any applied film adversely?

And, very importantly, won't a tint darken and reduce the visibility of rear lights and the beam of headlights?

It seems a very stupid mod to do, IMO. It doesn't look cool, it looks cheap and chavvy.

Hi Robin you are entitled to your opinion  :happy2:

I wouldnt have put it on my car if I thought there would be any issues, especially from a safety point of view, believe me I looked into all this and it is covered on my insurance also,

The light tint is really very light and wont affect anything and you would hardly notice depending on what way the sun is shining,

I dont think its a stupid mod as you say when you get headlight protection aswell from stonechips, each to there own  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 12:03:15 pm »

I wouldnt have put it on my car if I thought there would be any issues, especially from a safety point of view, believe me I looked into all this and it is covered on my insurance also,

The light tint is really very light and wont affect anything and you would hardly notice depending on what way the sun is shining,

I dont think its a stupid mod as you say when you get headlight protection aswell from stonechips, each to there own  :happy2:

....Like you say, it's only my different opinion  :happy2: - Thanks for not getting out the flame-thrower!

Stonechips is a very good reason.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Aaroncupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 12:45:05 pm »

....Like you say, it's only my different opinion  :happy2: - Thanks for not getting out the flame-thrower!

Stonechips is a very good reason.

I may still get the flame-thrower out for you yet Robin  :signLOL:

Lamin x also do a clear protection for anyone who isnt interested in a tint, but still get stonechip protection  :happy2:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
Well the Subtle tint Lamin-X is one mod I Will be doing soon. I think it's amazing. Seen it on Gaz's S3 and it looks perfect!

Any ideas how much is needed for the mk5 headlights?

Offline Aaroncupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 08:08:53 pm »

Just measure your headlight mate, they have a list of cut sizes and order what you need