Make a donation

Author Topic: Hissing sound...  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Toptrump

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Hissing sound...
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:17 am »
Morning all,

Well just spent a cracking weekend on Shell Island Wales!  :happy2:  Anyway on the way home I was giving the B4391 a good thrashing (highly recommend it to anybody out that way) and I was getting a large hissing sound everytime I was above about 3000 rpm.  And she was certainly down on mid to high end grunt.

I am going to ring VW and see if I can get it booked in.  Just wanted to know what people thought it might be, boost leak?  The car was fine on the way there (same road again, PH suggest it is the road TG used for the Aston V12), but I am wondering whether the knocks from the fields at shell have damaged something.
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: Hissing sound...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:16:29 am »
Sounds like ypu may have knocked off one of the Intercooler hoses.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:03 am »
or the DV has gone pop

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:17:51 am »
i/c hose sound right, but youd be seeeeriously down on power, how loud is the hissing?

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:25:31 am »
I concur when i fitted my forge IC the other week i started getting loud hissing over 3000 revs, put it on some axle stands and took a look. Sure enough one of the jubilee clips had slipped off. Maybes one of your clips have been digging into you pipes and overtime has slowly worn it away. then the extra boost pressure from you spirited drive has just finished it off.  :smiley:

Offline Toptrump

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:58:48 am »
Cheers for the replies guys.

DV seems to be working OK, or it is still making the correct noises as and when it is required. :)  The hissing is quite loud actually as I could hear it over the radio and me driving enthusiastically up a Wales mountain.  It isn't completely dead on power, but I went to go past something in a higher gear and it just seems to struggle past rather than giving a burst of power like it should do.

I will try and get a look at it tonight, as I was thinking the fields could have bounced the hoses around a bit.

Cheers
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 11:19:06 am »
the under tray should stop anything hitting the hoses, just jack it up and stick your head under, will be very easy to spot a loose hose.  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,