Make a donation

Author Topic: Srp dark first time PB glaze  (Read 1025 times)

keendean

Srp dark first time PB glaze
« on: August 25, 2012, 07:58:42 am »
I had a massive plan of attack regards car, and had the process in order, as in what to do when.

Well I run out of time and only managed to use Srp dark, but very good results.

Next time, I'm going to apply Pb glaze after Srp, the wax with Pb natty wax.

Is it worth after claying and washing to skip the srp, as it won't of been long since the last application. I can then go straight in to the Pb products, which I can't wait to use.

Fitted R32 rears, and first polish since I've owned, used Ag quick glass, and ag wheel cleaner.

Want to get a brush for my pressure washer, as Rz are a bitch to clean.
Its the tip of the iceberg in terms of where I want the car to be, but a good start, and am building an armoury of products to make life easier and quicker when washing the car.
I'll upload a couple of pics, it was getting dark, so the light was not perfect ;)

The R32 rears look so good on a black car, being biast obviously ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:10:55 am by keendean »

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: Srp dark first time PB glaze
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:22 am »
Looks good. I have the same idea, got all the products, just need the time to spend doing it.

How long did it take you and how many layers did you apply?
Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Srp dark first time PB glaze
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51:09 am »
SRP is a bit of an all-in-one product and has a small amount of sealing properties. I reckon you could go straight on to glaze and LSP if the car isn't driven. Claying will give you a cleaner base but it will strip the SRP so you'd have to start again.

You're better off cleaning the wheels once and sealing them. Then the following time, a simple jetwash will suffice.

Don't use a pressure washer brush. Look into the wheel brushes if you want to go down that route, along with a mild wheel cleaner.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:24:51 am »
As above  , get a good wheel cleaner and wheel brush , one that will fit inside your wheels and a good cleaner such as megs wheel cleaner and dilute it slightly.
Once you have cleaned them and are happy , then seal them with several coats of a good wheel sealent. Once you have done this then they will be so easy to keep clean you'll be amazed  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:09:41 pm »
I'd also recommend a swisswax-style brush eg raceglaze or Envy brushes. I have some for various things eg door shuts, crevices, wheels. Very useful for cleaning the faces of the wheels. Other wheel brushes allow you to clean behind the face.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.