Make a donation

Author Topic: air con not working - Help!  (Read 2166 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: air con not working - Help!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »
Before you buy a switch Dom check the power to the pump very easy to pop the plug and do this first, think I've swapped one switch ever on your platform but fitted loads of pumps, costs nothing to check, let me know if it is the pump, got a few good used in stock (it pulses by the way)

Just for info my air con fault turned out to be the switch, was around £50 from VW but i guess the pump failing is more common

Just out of curiousity, how did you manage to get this out? I've spent 3 hours just trying to get the bloody plug off and failed,  never mind trying to get the sensor out :fighting:
Do you go from underneath the car? I've had the bumper off headlight out the lot, and some garage in the past hasnt replaced retainer clips on teh washer bottle pipes, so I now have that leaking out now :sad1: :sad1:

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 07:25:48 pm »
Before you buy a switch Dom check the power to the pump very easy to pop the plug and do this first, think I've swapped one switch ever on your platform but fitted loads of pumps, costs nothing to check, let me know if it is the pump, got a few good used in stock (it pulses by the way)

Just for info my air con fault turned out to be the switch, was around £50 from VW but i guess the pump failing is more common
[/]

Just out of curiousity, how did you manage to get this out? I've spent 3 hours just trying to get the bloody plug off and failed,  never mind trying to get the sensor out :fighting:
Do you go from underneath the car? I've had the bumper off headlight out the lot, and some garage in the past hasnt replaced retainer clips on teh washer bottle pipes, so I now have that leaking out now :sad1: :sad1:

The plug is a swine to remove isn't it. Have you tried pushing it on a little further first the pressing the retainer clip?  This usually works.

It's removed from the top mate, no need for anything removing first. A Crows foot spanner with a long extension should see you right. From memory, I think it's a 22mm hex.

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »
Thats right bro
All from the top, and follow CR's instructions push the plug hard onto the sensor then pull the little square tab back and pull the plug off, (same type as the headlamp if you've removed that)
Anyone would think you built cars for a living Dom talking like this!! Hah :P

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 08:19:17 pm »
Thats right bro
All from the top, and follow CR's instructions push the plug hard onto the sensor then pull the little square tab back and pull the plug off, (same type as the headlamp if you've removed that)
Anyone would think you built cars for a living Dom talking like this!! Hah :P
Tried all that, I'll have another go tomorrow with whats left of the plug (temper got to me :signLOL:)

I only build Nissans for a living Steve, doesnt take much effort to get one of those to pieces :laugh:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 04:08:01 pm »
FIXED!!!  Only took 10 minutes with my adapted socket instead of the 17mm spanner that was recommended on another thread :fighting:
Thanks for the tips Cupra R, and also big thanks to Steve at statllers for the amazing deal on the sensor :drinking:
Thanks to the forum once again, now just got to fix my wing mirror turn signal as that has just stopped working :sad1:

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »
Glad you got it sorted  :happy2:

Hope it cures your AC woes.

Offline heavyd