Make a donation

Author Topic: Key problem..?  (Read 596 times)

Offline oo1005

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Key problem..?
« on: October 25, 2012, 10:37:21 am »
One of the keys is not working as a remote - its not the batteries as I've swapped them, the key works fine as a key in so much as I can lock/unlock and drive but none of the remote functions work - the LED is flashing as expected on a key press but it seems the car is just not seeing the commands... I've tried re-synchronising the key as per the manual but that made no difference..

Has anybody else seen this?

Cheers

Phil
'07 GTi 5dr Black, Monza IIs, Xenon

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Key problem..?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 10:58:28 am »
you need someone with vag com to try and recode the remote, if that fails a new remote
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline oo1005

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:00:03 am »
Cool, my dad has a VAGCOM which he uses for his Touareg which he's sending to me. Is it an easy procedure to do?
'07 GTi 5dr Black, Monza IIs, Xenon

RayD

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 09:10:20 pm »
On a similar subject ...

I have two keys for my Mk 5 1.4 TSI

One of them opens all the doors on a single press ... and the other always needs pressing at least twice to do the same thing ... even then it won't be certain to have unlocked the boot.

I had thought it was related to which key was in the ignition when the choice to open all the doors was made on the dash ... but I ruled that out by doing it twice ... once with each key.

Thanks

Ray