Make a donation

Author Topic: Is there any point in watchin blu rays on a 720p TV?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Is there any point in watchin blu rays on a 780p TV?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »
Back on topic. It's worth it and as a Bluray player can be got for cheapo money now it's a worthwhile upgrade. I had a Bluray player long before I had a full HD LED TV and the improvement from a DVD player was vast and as mentioned they will upscale his DVD's as well, win win.

I am a sucker for a gadget and couple of years ago bought 2 expensive HDMI cables and genuinely noticed no difference from the £4.99 cable supplied with the Player.  :sad1:

Oh and don't be tight ad buy him an HD TV as well.   :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 11:41:09 am »
720p is still double SD so I certainly think its worth it, especially on a large screen.

And no, expensive cable make f*ck all diffrerence with signal quality, the only difference is build quality and therfore reliabilty.

(7 years broadcast engineering experience)
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 11:48:03 am »
I noticed a big difference on my first plasma TV (720p) when I got a blu ray player

Also as said before get one that upscales DVDs as it makes them near HD quality too

You get smart blu ray players too which will give access to iplayer and love film/Netflix

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 09:53:08 pm »
With regards to cables I've just set up my new 2TB Sky Box with a 10m HDMI cable that was £25 delivered from Amazon (every review was 4 star or above) and it looks fantastic. I was a bit worried about the long cable affecting the signal but it's fine

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........